Only DG Investigation and Commissionerates TDS authorised to have power to order income tax survey u/s 133A with effect from 13th August, 2020.
F. No. 187/3/2020-ITA-I
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Direct Taxes)
North Block, New Delhi – 110001.
Dated the 13th August, 2020
Subject: Order under section 119 of the Income–tax Act, 1961
With the launch of the Faceless Assessment Scheme, 2019, the Income-tax Department is moving towards minimal interface with the taxpayers, aiming at significant improvement in delivery of services and greater transparency in the working of the department. The survey action u/s 133A of the Act being an intrusive action, it is expected that the same should be carried out with utmost responsibility and accountability.
2. In furtherance of the above, the Central Board of Direct Taxes, in exercise of powers under section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (hereinafter referred to as the Act) hereby directs that the officers posted in Directorates of Investigation (Investigation Wing) and Commissionerates of TDS, only and exclusively shall act as Income tax Authority” for the purposes of power of survey under section 133A of the Income-tax Act.
3. The competent authority for approval of such survey action u/s 133A of the Act shall henceforth be DGIT (lnv) for investigation wing and Pr.CCIT/CCIT (TDS) for TDS charges, as the case may.
4. Thjs order shall come into force with effect from the 13th day of August, 2020.
5. The Hindi version of thls order shall follow.
Director to the Government of India
Download CBDT Order Click Here >>
- No prosecution u/s 275B when laptops & ERP user IDs /passwords provided to search party
- ICAI cancels/restores membership of thousands of CAs due to death/non payment of fee
- NSDL latest e-TDS TCS RPU Version 4.9 and FVU 8.4 applicable from 24.11.2023 – Download
- Procedures/provisions for amnesty for taxpayers who missed GST appeal filing deadline
- Exemption u/s 54F-Bar of holding more than one residential house applies to whole day of transfer