Excel Auto 234ABC Interest Calculator for AY 2019-20 with accurate calculation as per revised provisions. Download for Corporate and Non-corporate Assessees
Section 234A, 234B and 234C of the Income tax Act, 1961 deals with interest for delay in ITR Filing or Short/Non deposit of Advance tax. Interest is payable under section 234A for delay in furnishing of income tax return in time. Interest is also payable under section 234A and 234B for deferring or non-payment of advance tax as required under section 208 of the Income Tax Act, 1961
Excel 234ABC Interest Calculator AY 2019-20
Due date for filing of Income Tax Return for assessee other than companies and non-audit case is 31st July and 30th September for companies or audit case. If the Income Tax Return is not furnished within the due date as above simple interest under section 234A is payable @ 1% p.m.
CBDT has vide its circular no. 02/2015 dated 10-02-2015 has clarified that no interest under section 234A of the Act is chargeable on the amount of self-assessment tax paid by the assessee before the due date of filing of return of income.
Advance tax is payable if the gross tax liability for a year is equal to or more than Rs. 10000/- . If the assessee who is liable to pay advance tax has failed to pay or the advance tax paid is less than 90% of the tax payable then simple interest is payable under section 234B @ 1% p.m.
Advance tax is required to be paid in quarterly installments,. Three for non companies and four installments for companies. If the advance tax installments are not paid as required simple interest is payable under section 234C @ 1% .
With this excel based income tax interest calculator interest payable under all the three sections can be calculated for companies or non companies for Assessment Year 2018-19
Users have to only fill the amount of income tax liability and the dates and amount of tax already deposited or tax deducted at source (TDS) and it immediately calculates accurate amount of interest payable under section 234A, 234B and 234C of Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Green field are for data Input. Select from drop down or fill the amount as the case may be.
- Please note that format of the date cells should be set to English (United Kingdom) and Date as dd/mm/yyyy. You can change the format from Control Panel > Regional Settings
- In case of senior citizen, select yes from the drop down option
- In all the cells for Income Tax deposit for 15th June, 15th Sep, 15th Dec and 15th Mar, cumulative amount of tax paid should be filled.
Tax paid between 1st April to 15th June is 5000/-
Tax paid between 1st July to 15th Sep is 2000/-
Tax paid between 1st Oct to 15th Dec is 4000/-
Tax paid between 1st Jan to 15th Mar is 6000/-
Fill the amount as under:
Interest shall be calculated up to the date specified. Use Fill current date button for current date.
234ABC Interest Calculator for AY 2018-19 Click Here to download
- Non striking of applicable limb of penalty in notice-SC dismisses SLP of Income Tax Department
- Waiver of penalty for non compliance of capturing dynamic QR code in GST Invoice
- Standard Operating Procedure for verification of taxpayers granted deemed GST registration
- Income Tax prosecution proceedings to be clubbed for different complaints on same material, evidence
- Govt. constitutes advisory board u/s 8 of COFEPOSA for proceedings related to detention orders