e-TDS/TCS Return Preparation Utility Ver. 2.3 for Regular & Correction quarterly e-TDS/TCS statements from FY 2007-08
Key Features – Return Preparation Utility (RPU) version 2.3
- A new column for “Deduction under Section 16 (ia)” is added under Annexure II (i.e. Salary details) for Form 24Q-Q4
– The above referred deduction is applicable for Regular and Correction statements for Form 24Q-Q4.
– Deduction under Section 16 (ia) will be applicable for statements pertaining to F.Y. 2018-19 onwards.
- Introduction of new remark code for Form 26Q
– A new remark code “R” is introduced under field “Remarks” in Annexure I (i.e. deductee details) for deduction on interest income for Senior Citizens.
– This will be applicable only for section code 194A (i.e. interest other than interest on securities).
– Same will be applicable for Regular and Correction statements pertaining to Form 26Q from F.Y. 2018-19 onwards.
- Incorporation of latest File Validation Utility (FVU) version 5.8 (applicable for TDS/TCS statements pertaining to FY 2010-11 onwards) and FVU version 2.3 (applicable for TDS/TCS statements from FY 2007-08 up to FY 2009-10).
- This version of FVU is applicable with effect from June 29, 2018.