Insurance Appeal to Securities Appellate Tribunal Amendment Rules 2021. Procedure to be followed in defective appeal
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Financial Services)
New Delhi, the 15th April, 2021
G.S.R. 262(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) and clause (lb) of sub-section (2) of section 114, read with sub-sections (2) and (6) of section 110 of the Insurance Act,1938 (4 of 1938), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules to amend the Insurance (Appeal to Securities Appellate Tribunal) Rules, 2016, namely:—
1. (1) These rules may be called the Insurance (Appeal to Securities Appellate Tribunal) Amendment Rules, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Insurance (Appeal to Securities Appellate Tribunal) Rules, 2016, in rule 5, for sub-rule (3), following sub-rule shall be substituted, namely:—
“(3) If, upon scrutiny, the Registrar finds an appeal to be defective, where—
(a) the appellant has presented such appeal in person and the defect is formal in nature, the Registrar may allow the same to be rectified in his presence by the appellant;
(b) the defect is other than referred to in clause (a), he shall give intimation to the appellant by registered post or electronic mail, to remove the defects within fifteen days from the date of such intimation given by the Registrar.”.
[F. No. 12018/01/2015-Ins. II]
SAURABH MISHRA, Jt.Secy.
Note: The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, vide notification number G.S.R. 179(E), dated the 17th February, 2016.
- No service tax levy on Composite Works Contracts prior to Finance Act 2007 – SC
- Rule 17AA Books/documents to be kept by Charitable Trusts/other Institution
- If complainant not interested in pursuing case, holding CA guilty of misconduct not justified
- CBDT prescribes conditions for Covid-19 related relief to employees & Transfer of Properties
- Introducing Single Click Nil Filing of GSTR-1