MoU between Competition Commission of India (CCI) and Administrative Council for Economic Defense of Brazil (CADE)
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Competition Commission of India (CCI) and Administrative Council for Economic Defense of Brazil (CADE).
Section 18 of the Competition Act, 2002 permits CCI to enter into any Memorandum or arrangement with any agency of any foreign country for the purpose of discharging its duties or performing its functions under the Act.
Accordingly, CCI has entered into the following six MoUs:
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Department of Justice (DOJ), USA
- Director General Competition, European Union
- Federal Antimonopoly Service, Russia
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and
- Competition Bureau, Canada and
- BRICS Competition Authorities.
The present proposal relates to signing of a similar MOU between CCI and CADE.
- GSTR-4 late fee payable for FY 2021-22 waived for the period from 01.05.2022 till 30.06.2022
- No revision u/s 263 simply because AO in order did not make elaborate discussion – ITAT
- Investigation on deposit of tax during the course of GST search, inspection or investigation
- CIT to make enquiries himself to allege assessment order as erroneous and prejudicial
- ITAT admits additional evidences as assessee died and legal heirs could not collect it in time