MoU between Competition Commission of India (CCI) and Administrative Council for Economic Defense of Brazil (CADE)
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Competition Commission of India (CCI) and Administrative Council for Economic Defense of Brazil (CADE).
Section 18 of the Competition Act, 2002 permits CCI to enter into any Memorandum or arrangement with any agency of any foreign country for the purpose of discharging its duties or performing its functions under the Act.
Accordingly, CCI has entered into the following six MoUs:
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Department of Justice (DOJ), USA
- Director General Competition, European Union
- Federal Antimonopoly Service, Russia
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and
- Competition Bureau, Canada and
- BRICS Competition Authorities.
The present proposal relates to signing of a similar MOU between CCI and CADE.
- SEBI warns Investment Advisers dealing in unregulated products
- Multipurpose Empanelment Form (MEF) for year 2021-22 available at meficai.org
- ICSI prescribes Due Diligence Report for Format for Listed Entities
- CBDT prescribes Form/manner of furnishing undertaking u/s 119 of Finance Act 2012
- Registration of Assignment of Receivables (Amendment) Rules 2021