Segregation and Monitoring of Collateral at Client Level
SEBI, vide circular no. SEBI/HO/MIRSD/DOP/CIR/P/2020/28 dated February 25, 2020,put in place a framework of ‘Margin obligations to be given by way of Pledge/ Re-pledge in the Depository System’ to mitigate the risk of misappropriation or misuse of client’s securities available with the Trading Member (TM)/ Clearing Member (CM)/ Depository Participant (DP),including use of one client’s securities to meet the exposure, margin or settlement obligations of another client or of the TM / CM.
In light of the public comments and discussions with the stakeholders, SEBI has decided to adopt a framework for segregation and monitoring of collateral at client level.
The new framework consists of Reporting Mechanism by TMs and CMs, Collateral Valuation, blocking of margins, change of allocation, client margin reporting, settlement, withdrawal of collateral, default management process. The circular issued in this regard also includes illustrations.
Download SEBI Circular SEBI/HO/MRD2_DCAP/CIR/2021/0598 Click Here >>
- ICSI prescribes Due Diligence Report for Format for Listed Entities
- CBDT prescribes Form/manner of furnishing undertaking u/s 119 of Finance Act 2012
- Registration of Assignment of Receivables (Amendment) Rules 2021
- No plea can be taken for non supply of reopening reasons if never sought
- Bad debts u/s 36(1)(vii) disallowed as only provision made, not written off in books