SEBI Guidelines on General Information Document for issue of capital
March 17, 2020
All Registered Merchant Bankers
All the Nationwide Stock Exchanges
Sub: General Information Document
1.Regulation 34(1) read with Schedule VI, Part E of SEBI (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2018, inter alia specify that information which is of generic nature and not specific to the issuer be brought out in the form of a General Information Document (GID) as specified by the Board.
2. SEBI Circular CIR/CFD/DIL/12/2013 dated October 23, 2013, specified the GID. However, the subsequent changes in laws, regulation and processes, necessitated changes in the GID.
3. In pursuance of the above, the generic disclosures to be brought out in the General Information Document are enumerated in the Annexure.
4. All Merchant Bankers are advised to take note of the contents of GID in the Annexure. Accordingly, generic information need not be provided in the Abridged Prospectus.
5. Lead Manager(s) shall ensure that:
5.1 the GID should explicitly incorporate the date of last updation;
5.2. the updated copy of GID is provided to an investor as and when requested, in form and manner so requested by the investor;
5.3. the updated GID is made available on the websites of the: –
5.3.1 Stock Exchange(s) where the shares pursuant to an issue are proposed to be listed; and
5.3.2 respective Lead Manager(s)to the issue, where DRHP / RHP / Draft Prospectus / Prospectus is made available
6. This circular shall become applicable to all RHP / Prospectus which shall be filed with the Registrar of Companies on or after March 17, 2020.
7. The present Circular is issued in supersession of the Circular dated October 23, 2013.
8. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred by Section 11(1) read with Section 11A of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 and Securities and Exchange Board of India (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2018, to protect the interests of investors in securities abcaus.in and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
9. A copy of this circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in under the categories “Legal Framework/Circulars”.
Deputy General Manager
Enclosure: As above
- SEBI is empowering Investors through Investor Charters for Securities Market
- Draft Bank Branch Auditors Panel (MEF) of CA/firms for 2021-22 hosted at meficai.org
- CBDT exempts income of Assam Electricity Regulatory Commission u/s 10(46)
- Determination of income of specified fund of investment division of offshore banking unit
- MCA revises additional fee for late filing of e-forms. Higher Additional fee to be paid in certain cases