SEBI Legal Internship Program for LLB/LLM students. Eligibility conditions, Application window, submission, duration, stipend and data privacy
Legal Internship – LLB/LLM students
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) invites applications for internship program in the Legal Department. The interested candidates are required to satisfy the following criteria:
- The applicant shall be a student of a Law School/University recognised by the Bar Council of India.
- The applicant should have completed at least 3 years of the 5-year LLB course or 2 years of the 3-year LLB course.
- Students pursuing LLM course are also eligible to apply.
- The applicant should have secured minimum of 60% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA in the previous semester results.
- Applications shall be e-mailed to SEBI within the first week (1st-7th) of every quarter for internship commencing in the next quarter. No application shall be considered beyond the application window.
- The application for internship for the quarter April 2020 is kept open till March 20, 2020.
Submission of Application
- The Head of the Department or the Course Coordinator of the respective Law School/University in-charge of the Internship Program shall submit the application recommending not more than three applicants from their Law School/University in a given quarter. No application shall be entertained from individual students.
- The applications for internship shall be sent to the following e-mail address: legal email@example.com
- The Head of the Department or the Course Coordinator shall forward a scanned copy of the cover letter on the letterhead of the respective Law School/University recommending the applicants for internship.
- The curriculum vitae (CV) of each applicant shall be not more than 2 pages with the current contact details.
- The Head of the Department or the Course Coordinator of the respective Law School/University shall be intimated about the applicant/s who would be required to join the internship program.
- In case any applicant fails to report for internship without any reasonable explanation or discontinues the program midway, their Law School/University shall abcaus.in be informed of the same and the applicant shall not be considered for future internships with SEBI.
- The tenure of internship shall not be less than four weeks.
- A stipend of Rs. 10,000/-shall be provided upon satisfactory and successful completion of the internship.
- The intern shall be required to maintain confidentiality of all the documents/reports and/or any information received by him/her during the internship period, violation of which would entail legal consequences. The Internshall not reveal to any person or organisation any information relating to SEBI, its work and policies which are not available in the public domain.
No right of appointment
- No intern shall have any right or claim for an appointment in the Securities and Exchange Board of India by virtue of this internship program.
- Deduction u/s 54 – Assessee cannot be blamed for the delay in housing projects by builder
- The Companies (Incorporation) Second Amendment Rules 2022
- Companies (Removal of Names of Cos from Register of Companies) Amendment Rules 2022
- GST Notifications issued as per recommendations of GST Council meeting
- ICAI Releases Compendium of Ind AS and related guidance material