Carry Forward of Unspent CSR Funds Balance to Next Year, Company is free to decide
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
Carry Forward of Unspent CSR Funds
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs in its circular dated 12th January 2016, has clarified that, the Board of the Company is free to decide whether any unspent amount from out of the minimum required CSR expenditure is to be carried forward to the next year. This provision is uniformly applicable to all CSR eligible companies including Public Sector Undertaking (PSUs).
This was stated by Shri Arun Jaitley, Minister of Corporate Affairs in written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :137505)
- Central/State Government/local authority bound by approved resolution plan retrospectively
- Shri Sivasubramanian Ramann appointed as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of SIDBI
- SEBI revises Reporting Formats for Mutual Funds
- GSTN Clarification on 4-digit/6-digit HSNs not accepted on e-invoice/e-Way bill Portal
- Revision u/s 263 on issues not covered under limited scrutiny quashed as AO could not had gone into those