Extension of time for companies to conduct EGMS through VC / OAVM or transact items through postal ballot up to 31.12.2020
General Circular No. 33/2020
F. No. 2/6/2020-CL-V
Government of India
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
5th Floor, A Wing Shastri Bhawan
Dr. R. P. Road, New Delhi
Dated: 28th September, 2020
All Regional Directors,
All Registrar of Companies,
Subject: Clarification on passing ordinary and special resolution by companies under the Companies Act, 2013 read with rule made thereunder on account of Covid-19 -Extension of time reg
In continuation to this Ministry’s General Circular No. 14/2020 dated 8th April 2020, No. 17 / 2020 dated 13rd April, 2020 and No. 22/2020 dated 16.06.2020 and after due examination, it has been decided to allow companies to conduct their EGMS through VC or OAVM or transact items through postal ballot in accordance with the framework provided in the aforesaid Circulars up to 31st December, 2020. All other requirements provided in the said circular shall remain unchanged.
2. This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Assistant Director Policy
Copy forwarded for information to:- 1. e-governance section and web contents officer to place the circular on MCA website and 2. Guard file.
- ICAI extends waiving-off Condonation fees due to late filing of various application Forms
- Penalty u/s 271(1)(b) can not be imposed if assessment order passed u/s 143(3) not u/s 144
- SC to decide constitutional validity of IBC 2016 applying to personal guarantors of corporate debtors
- Income-tax Exemption for payment of deemed LTC fare for non-Central Government employees
- Manufacturing and other operations undertaken in bonded warehouses – Clarifications