Government has no info regarding incomplete, wrong non-updated financial reports filed by companies with ROC
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
Submission of Financial Reports
There is no information with the Government regarding companies registered in the offices of registrar of companies are incomplete, wrong and not updated.
However, several companies have not submitted their annual report/return, audited report, balance sheet and details of profit/loss. As per data generated from MCA 21 System, following are the details of companies who have not filed their Balance Sheets and Annual Returns:-
• Not filed only Annual Return for 2015 – 389503
• Not filed only Balance Sheet for 2015 – 386103
• Not filed Annual Return and Balance Sheet for 2015 – 374727
As per the provisions of the section 403 of the Companies Act, 2013 any document can be filed on payment of such additional fees for delay as prescribed within a period of 270 days from the date by which it should have been filed.
The Government had extended the last date upto 30.12.2015 for filing of Annual Returns. Further, for the State of Tamil Nadu and UT of Puducherry, the last date for filing Annual Returns was extended upto 30.01.2016.
This was stated by Shri Arun Jaitley, Minister of Corporate Affairs in written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :137502)
- Supreme Court directs pilot study on Special Courts for trial of cases u/s 138 of NI Act
- Appeal disposed of in hurried manner without reasonable opportunity of being heard set aside
- Existing MSMEs given relaxation for registration till 30.06.2022 for classification as MSMEs
- If part amount of auctioned property received by bank after CIRP started, sale incomplete – SC
- Invoking Revisionary powers u/s 263 merely on the basis of suspicion not justified – ITAT