Independent directors online listing time limit further extended. Now registration in online data bank may be done in 10 months
MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 23rd June, 2020
G.S.R.396(E). In exercise of the powers conferred by section 149 read with section 469 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014, namely:-
1. (1) These rules may be called the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Third Amendment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014, in rule 6, in sub-rule (1), in clause (a), for the words “seven months” the words “ten months” shall be substituted.
[F. No. 8/4/2018-CL-I-Part I]
K.V.R. MURTY, Jt.Secy.
Note:The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide notification number G.S.R. 259(E), dated the 31st March, 2014 and were last amended vide notification number G.S.R. 268 (E), dated the 29th April, 2020
- MCA notifies Special Courts in Maharashtra, WB & Tamil Nadu for trial of offences for SEBI filed cases
- SEBI again gives relaxation in timelines for compliance with regulatory requirements
- Clarification on export of Gems and Jewellery through Courier mode
- Taxpayers not to wait for auto-population of e-invoice details into GSTR-1
- Non striking of applicable limb of penalty in notice-SC dismisses SLP of Income Tax Department