Time limit for existing independent directors to apply listing in online data bank further extended – MCA Circular
Time limit for independent directors for online listing further extended
MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 29th April, 2020
G.S.R. 268 (E). —In exercise of the powers conferred by section 149 read with section 469 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014, namely:-
1. (1) These rules may be called the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Second Amendment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014, in rule 6, in sub-rule (1), in clause (a), for the words “five months” the words “seven months”shall be substituted.
[F. No. 8/4/2018-CL-I-Part I]
K.V.R. MURTY,Jt. Secy.
Note:—The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide notification number G.S.R. 259(E), dated the 31st March, 2014 and were last amended vide notification number G.S.R. 145 (E), dated the 28th February, 2020.
- ICAI revised Guidance Note on Schedule III of Companies Act 2013 – January 2022 Edition
- CBDT exempts income of the National Skill Development Corporation u/s 10(46)
- ICAI notifies Dates of CA Exams May 2022
- RBI issues regulations for NBFCs under amended Factoring Regulation Act 2011
- ICAI bans eight CAs due to professional misconduct