Electronic filing & issue of Preferential Certificate of Origin for India’s Exports under India-Mauritius Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement (IMCECPA) w.e.f. 01.042021
Government of India
Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
Trade Notice No. 01/2021-2022
All Exporters/Members of Trade
All Designated Issuing Agencies under FTAs/PTAs
Subject: Electronic filing and Issuance of Preferential Certificate of Origin (CoO) for India’s Exports under India-Mauritius Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement (IMCECPA) w.e.f. 01st April 2021
In continuation to the earlier Trade Notice(s) 34/2015-2020 dated 19.09.2019, 41/2019-2020 dated 12.12.2020, 53/2019-2020 dated 02.03.2020, 01/2020-2021 dated 07.04.2020, 30/2020-2021 dated 13.10.2020 and 43/2015-2020 dated 23.02.2021, it is informed that the electronic platform for Preferential Certificate of Origin (CoO) is being expanded further to facilitate electronic application of Preferential Certificates of Origin under the India Mauritius Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement (IMCECPA)
2. The Preferential Certificate of Origin for exports to Mauritius under India-Mauritius CECPA shall be applied and issued from the CoO e-platform with effect from 01st April 2021.
3. It is informed that for the applications under the above mentioned Trade Agreement, the e-CoO system shall generate three (3) copies i.e. Original, Duplicate and triplicate along-with an additional copy i.e. electronic copy. The electronic copy shall bear the image signature of the officer and stamp of the issuing agency. The exporter may however get the remaining (3) copies duly signed in wet-ink by the issuing officer along with the stamp of the issuing office. The paper copies of the CoOs so issued may be collected by post or in person, for any submission to the Trade Partner Country’s authorities.
4. The concerned Indian Exporters may please take note of the following points with regard to the process being notified herewith:
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) would be required for the purpose of electronic submission. The digital signature would be the same as used in other DGFT applications;
- The digital signature may be Class III and should have the Importer Exporter Code (IEC) of the firm embedded in the DSC;
- Any new applicant exporter would be required to initially register at the portal. The password would be sent on the email and mobile number of the IEC holder. In case the IEC holder desires to update their email on which communication is to be sent, the same may be done by using the ‘IEC Profile Management’ service on the DGFT website https://dgft.gov.in
- Once registration is completed, the IEC details would be auto-populated as per the DGFT-IEC database. Applicant is required to ensure that updated IEC details are available in the DGFT system. Necessary steps may be taken to modify the IEC details online, whenever required.
5. For further guidance on registration and application submission, the Help manual & FAQs may be accessed on the landing page at https://coo.dgft.gov.in . For any further assistance you may utilize any of the following channels –
- Raise a service request/suggestion ticket through the DGFT Helpdesk service
- Call the toll-free DGFT Helpdesk numbers
- Send an email to DGFT CoO Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
(Md. Moin Afaque)
Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from File No. 01/02/82/AM-19/EDI)
- MEIS applications for Shipping bills with Let Export date from 01.04.2019 to 31.03.2020 can be submitted without any late cut upto 30.09.2021.
- Basic Savings Account can be opened under Post Office Savings Account Scheme 2019
- IBBI (Pre-packaged Insolvency Resolution Process) Regulations 2021
- GSTN Advisory on GST Payment under QRMP Scheme, for the month of March, 2021
- CBDT Instruction 1916 takes into account quantity of jewellery generally held by family members of a Hindu Family