Notice given to 1775 NGOs for non filing of FCRA Return for the year 2011-12 to 2016-17. Show cause given for Suspension / Cancellation of Registration
GOVT. OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
FOREIGNERS DIVISION (FCRA WING)
Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium,
Near India Gate, New Delhi-110002
Dated the 16 November, 2018
SHOW CAUSE NOTICE
Whereas, the Associations mentioned in the annexed list are registered under The Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010(hereinafter referred as “The Act”) vide registration number mentioned against each.
2. And whereas, section 18(1) of The Act read with rule 17(1) of the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Rules, 2011 provides that Associations registered under the Act shall submit electronically online Annual Report with scanned copies of income and expenditure statement, receipts and payment account, balance sheet etc. for every financial year within nine months of the closure of the financial year. And such Associations which do not receive foreign contribution during a particular year are also required to furnish a NIL return for that financial year within the aforesaid period.
3. And whereas, after scrutiny of records for the years 2011-12 to 2016-17, it has been observed that the Annual Report/accounts for some of the financial years in the aforesaid period have not been found uploaded on the FCRA portal online by the said Associations despite the fact that one final opportunity of one month was provided to all such Associations to submit the missing Annual Reports without paying any penalty vide this Ministry’s Public Notice II/21022/36(207)/2015-FCRA-II dated 12.05.2017.
4. And whereas, another Notice II/21022/58(069)/2018-FCRA(MU) dated 24.04.2018 had also been issued to such Associations advising them to submit Annual Report/accounts of the missing year(s) electronically online immediately.
5. And whereas, the said Associations have failed to submit Annual Report/accounts of the missing year(s) electronically online till date despite notices.
6. And therefore, the said Associations are hereby directed to explain within a period of 15 days from the date of issue of this Show Cause Notice as to why appropriate action under sections 13 & 14 of The Act may not be initiated against them.
The Chief Functionaries,
Associations mentioned in the annexed list