New One Rupee Currency Note Printing Rule 2017 Notification. The Note shall be predominantly of pink green colour on obverse and reverse combination of others
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Economic Affairs)
New Delhi, the 25th May, 2017
G.S.R. 516(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (d) and clause (e) of sub-section (2) of section 24 of the Coinage Act, 2011 (11 of 2011), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely:—
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) These rules may be called the Printing of One Rupee Currency Notes Rules, 2017.
(2) They shall come into force from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Printing.—The One Rupee Currency Notes shall be printed at the note printing presses for issue under the authority of the Government of India for circulation.
3. Dimensions and compositions of One Rupee Currency Note.—The One Rupee Currency Notes shall conform to the dimensions and composition as specified in the First Schedule.
4. Design.—The design of One Rupee Currency Notes shall be as specified in the Second Schedule.
5. Standard weight and remedy allowed.—The standard paper weight and remedy (tolerance) allowed in printing of One Rupee Currency Notes shall be as specified in the Third Schedule.
THE FIRST SCHEDULE
(See rule 3)
|Denomination of Note||Shape and Size||Paper Composition|
|One Rupee Currency Note||Rectangular 9.7 x 6.3 cms||100 per cent. (Cotton) Rag Content
Weight of Paper:- 90 GSM (Grams per Square Meter)
Thickness of Paper:- 110 microns
Multi tonal Watermarks:-
(i) Ashoka Pillar in the window without words ‘सत्यमेव जयते’
(ii) Hidden Numeral ‘1’ in the centre
(iv) Hidden Word ‘भारत’ vertically arranged on right hand side.
THE SECOND SCHEDULE
(See rule 4)
(a) It contains the words ‘भारत सरकार’ above the words “Government of India” with the bilingual signature of Shri Shaktikanta Das, Secretary, Ministry of Finance and with the replica of New Rupee One coin with `₹’ symbol of 2017 issued with ‘सत्यमेव जयते’ and capital Inset letter ‘ ‘L’ in numbering panel.
(b) The numbering shall be in black at right hand bottom portion of the Note in ascending size of numerals from left to right, while the first three alphanumeric characters (prefix) remains constant in size.
(2) Reverse:– It contains the words ‘भारत सरकार’ above the words “Government of India” with the year 2017 on the representation of the One Rupee coin with `₹’ symbol having floral design and the surrounding design consists of picture of ‘Sagar Samrat’ the oil exploration platform and with the authentic rendering of value in fifteen Indian languages in language panel with the year figure shown on the centre bottom in international number.
(3) Overall Colour Scheme:– The colour of One Rupee Currency Note shall be predominantly pink green on obverse and reverse in combination with others.
THE THIRD SCHEDULE
(See rule 5)
|Denomination||Parameter||Standard weight||Remedy (Tolerance) allowed|
|Rupee One||Grammage of Paper Used||90 GSM (Grams per Square Meter)||+/- 3 GSM|
|Thickness of Paper||110 Microns||+/- 5 Microns|
[F. No. 03/09/2014-Cy. II]
SHOBA BASIL, Under Secy