FAQ GSTR-2A. What is GSTR 2A? When GSTR-1 is filed after filing of GSTR-2 by counter parties, GSTR-2 details gets auto populated to GSTR-1 for taking action
FAQ GSTR 2A
1. What is GSTR 2A?
GSTR 2A is a system generated ‘draft’ Statement of Inward Supplies for a Receiver Taxpayer. It is auto-populated from the GSTR 1/5, GSTR 6 (ISD), GST 7(TDS), and GSTR 8 (TCS) file by the supplier taxpayer from whom goods and/or services have been procured or received by the receiver taxpayer in a given tax period.
It is created for a receiver taxpayer when the GSTR 1/5, 6, 7 & 8 is filed by the supplier. The details become available to the receiver taxpayer for view and the details are updated incrementally as and when supplier taxpayers upload or change their details in their respective GSTR for the given tax period. The auto-populated details in of a particular supplier/counter party will get frozen when he submits or files his return. GSTR 2A of a tax period will remain available for view till a taxpayer submits/files his GSTR 2.
2. When can I view GSTR 2A of a tax period?
1. When the counter party has not submitted/filed GSTR 1: Any/all invoices uploaded by Supplier Taxpayers in their GSTR 1 will be visible in the GSTR 2A and the same can also be viewed in the GSTR 2 of the recipient.
2. When the counterparty has submitted/filed their return: When the counterparty has submitted/filed their return, the invoices available in the GSTR 2A will continue to be available for viewing. Additionally, Receiver Taxpayers will be able to take action on the invoices. The ACCEPT/REJECT buttons against invoices will be enabled for action. The information available in GSTR 2A will also be available in GSTR 2.
3. Do I have to file the GSTR 2A?
No, you don’t have to file the GSTR 2A. It is a read-only document provided to you so that you have a record of all the invoices received from various supplier taxpayers in a given tax period.
4. Can I download and keep a copy of my GSTR 2A for future reference?
Yes, GSTR 2A for a given tax period will be available for viewing and/or downloading in your post-login section of the GST portal.
5. Can I make changes to or add an invoice in my GSTR 2A in case there are any errors or omission in the details uploaded by my supplier taxpayers?
No, you cannot make any changes to the GSTR 2A, as it is a read-only document. The information displayed in GSTR 2A is also available in GSTR 2 and any/all actions must be taken in the GSTR 2 by the receiver.
6. Where are details of TDS, TCS etc. available in GSTR 2A?
The details of TDS, TCS etc. are available in GSTR 2A in following sections:
a. PART A – auto-populated from GSTR 1/5 (refer to 2.1)
b. PART B – auto-populated from GSTR 6 (ISD credits received)
c. PART C – auto-populated from GSTR 7 & GSTR 8 (TDS & TCS credits respectively)
7. What happens if the respective counter parties file their returns after filing of GSTR 2 by the taxpayer?
When GSTR-1 is filed after filing of GSTR-2 by the counter parties, the details declared in GSTR-2 gets auto populated to GSTR-1 and the supplier is expected to take action (Accept/Reject/Pending for action) on such details before filing of his GSTR-1.
8. How do I know if there are any details auto-populated in my GSTR 2A? Or Will I be intimated as and when there is a new entry in my GSTR 2 for a given tax period?
An alert in the form of an email and a message on the dashboard will be sent to the taxpayer when any new details are auto-populated into GSTR 2A.----------- Similar Posts: -----------