Draft Guidelines for Advertisement by Company Secretary in Practice
According to the guidelines, no Company Secretary or a firm of Company Secretaries is permitted to advertise for the services, except through a write-up or as additionally permitted.
“write up” has been defined to include any writing or display setting out services rendered by a Company Secretary in Practice or firm of company secretaries and any writing or display of the particulars of the Company Secretary in Practice or of firm of company secretaries issued, circulated or published in accordance with guidelines.
Additionally, the Council of ICSI may permit the following activities for a PCS as means to advertise:
- Write ups in Newspapers and Magazines
- Appearing on local radio or television giving advice on appropriate topics
- Giving speeches/lectures at any platform including Seminars, Conferences, Workshops, Conventions, etc. on issues of public importance
- Holding seminars for clients
- Briefing clients/ prospective clients individually on issues in which the PCS can help with their businesses
- Sponsoring a local event or Helping with community programmes or doing voluntary work as a professional for charitable organizations
- Own website and other portals of professional importance
- Creating a visual identity
- Location and décor of the workplace, meeting rooms, etc.
- Display of Firm name, Logo or any other identity on Uniform, Ofice/s, office stationary & equipments/material and providing Training to Staff
- Use of social media like Facebook and Whatsapp for advertising the range of professional services and sharing of relevant information.
- Newsletters, direct mails, postcards, emails, etc.
However it has been further provided that any of the above mentioned activities should not amount to Solicitation of Clients, portray Supremacy or tall claims to undermine other fellow CS colleagues.
Draft Guidelines for Advertisement by Company Secretary in Practice Click Here >>----------- Similar Posts: -----------