CBDT to get 1 percent incentive of additional revenue generated during fiscal year 2006-07 and subsequent years to augment infrastructure in Income Tax Department
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES
DIRECTORATE OF INCOME TAX (INFRASTRUCTURE)
Room No. 204, 2nd Floor, A Wing,
14 Hudco Vishala Building,
Bhikaji Kama Place, New Delhi
Telephone No. 011-26167221 FAX No. 011-2619710
F. No. DIT(Infra)/U-IV/1% incentive/2017-18/1570
The Pr. CCIT/CCIT,
Allahabad , Amritsar, Ahmedabad, Bareilly , Bhubaneswar, Bangalore , Bhopal , Chennai ,
Chandigarh ,Coimbatore, Dehradun , Delhi, Ghaziabad , Guwahati , Hyderabad, Indore,
Jaipur, Jodhpur , Kanpur, Kol kata , Kochi, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur ,
Nashik , Panaji , Panch kula, Patna, Pune, Rajkot , Raipur , Ranchi , Shilong, Shimla, Surat,
Thane, Thiruvananthapuram , Tiruchirappalii , U daipur, Vishakhapatnam , Vadodara
I&CI , Delhi/ NADT, Nagpur/ System s, Delhi/ L&R, Delhi/ HRD, Delhi/ Admin & TPS,
Delhi/ Vigilance, Delhi/ Risk Assessment, Delhi/ Intl Taxn. & TP, Delhi
Sub:- Proposals/ideas regarding 1% incentive scheme to be submitted before the Competent Authority- reg.
Kindly refer to above.
2. The Hon’ble Finance Minister had accorded his in-principle approval of the proposal to utilize 1% of the additional revenue generated by the Central Board of Direct Taxes during fiscal 2006-07 and in subsequent years to augment the infrastructure in the Income Tax Department so as to improve its operational efficiency, for better execution of the tax collection.
3. As per the information collected from Directorate of Expenditure Budget, there is a possibility to utilize approximately Rs. 615 crores, after earlier expenditure incurred under this Out of this fund, proposals on Resource Centre cum Library, installation of ACs per range, Laptops to ITOs & above, Laptop for Inspectors, Laptops for AO/PS, smartphone for CIT & above & Mobile handsets for officers & officials of IT Department for approximately Rs. 264 crores are under process and active consideration.
4. It is felt to explore the possibilities to initiate new schemes/proposals under 1% Schemes, looking to the need and necessity to improve efficiency & capabilities of the officers & officials of the Department.
5. I am, therefore, directed to request you to submit fresh innovative proposals/ideas/schemes for enhancing the organizational efficiency and infrastructure under 1 % incentive scheme. The same may be sent to this office by 25th September, 2017 positively.
(Amit Kumar Sharma)
Addl. Director of Income Tax (Infra)-IV
- DGIT (Logistics) for information.
- The Webmanager, Database Cell with a request to upload this letter on the website www.irsofficersonline.gov.in.