Finance Ministry to hold meeting with Infosys on glitches in new e-filing portal of the Income Tax
Right from the launch of new income tax efiling portal, on 7th June 2021 it has succumbed to technical glitches and users/taxpayers are finding it very difficult to ensure the due compliances.
As per press release issued today by the ministry of finance, Senior officials of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India, will hold an interactive meeting on the 22nd of June, 2021, between 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM with Infosys on issues/glitches in the recently launched e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department.
Other stakeholders including members from ICAI, auditors, consultants and taxpayers will also be a part of the interaction.
The Ministry has acknowledged that the new portal has been fraught with several technical glitches/issues leading to taxpayer inconvenience.
The Ministry has also invited written representations on the problems/difficulties faced in the portal have from the stakeholders.
AT the said meeting, representatives from Infosys team will be present to answer queries, clarify issues and receive inputs on the working of the portal, to remove glitches and sort out issues faced by the taxpayers.
- Bank deposit insurance to be paid in around 90 days – DICGC Bill 2021
- New functionality on Annual Aggregate Turnover (AATO) deployed on GST Portal
- Income-tax (20th Amendment) Rules 2021
- Data retrieved from Pen-drive & admission not substantive evidentiary value to make additions
- Deferred ICAI Code of Ethics 2019 to be applicable from 1st April 2022