Giving Scrip wise details of long term capital gains in Schedule 112A of ITR is optional – CBDT clarification
As per advisory hosted at income tax e-filing website, Schedule 112A and 115AD(1)(iii) of long term capital gain are provided in the Income Tax Return software as per the Instructions to the Notified ITR form and based on taxpayer feedback.
The advisory says that taxpayers have an option to either enter the Scrip wise details of long term capital gains in Schedule 112A and 115AD(1)(iii) so that the correct values are populated in the CG Schedule or enter the self-calculated aggregate value of long term capital gains directly under respective items in schedule CG in terms with Sec 112A or 115AD(1)(iii) without entering scripwise details.
Taxpayers may exercise either option based on their convenience, says the advisory.
This facility is now available in ITR-2, 3, 5 & 6 utilities
The news flashed at income tax efiling website is as under:
Note: The concept of grandfathering in the case of LTCG on sale of equity investments was introduced by the Finance Act 2018
- Measures to boost Indian Economy-Presentation by Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman
- MCA clarification on ‘appointed date’ u/s 232(6) of the Companies Act 2013 for merger/amalgamation
- IDS 2016 declaration can be declared void without SCN upon misrepresentation /suppression of facts
- Reopening done at the insistence of CIT held as change of opinion and vitiated in law
- CBT Approved Proposal to Amend EPS 1995 for restoration of commuted value of pension > 15 years