Income Tax Offices throughout India (including the ASK Centres) shall remain open on 30th and 31st March, 2019 during normal office hours
F. No. 225/86/2019-ITA-11
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes
North Block, New Delhi, the 29th March, 2019
Order under Section 119(1) of the Income Tax Act, 1961
The last date for filing belated/revised tax-returns for assessment year 2018-19 is 31st March, 2019. The Financial Year 2018-19 also closes on 31st March, 2019. In view of the closed holidays on 30th March, 2019 and 31st March, 2019, being Saturday and Sunday, Income Tax Offices throughout India (including the ASK Centres) shall remain open on 30th and 31st March, 2019 during normal office hours. Further, arrangements may also be made by way of opening additional receipt counters, wherever required, on 30th and 31at March, 2019, to facilitate filing of tax-returns by the taxpayers.
2. This order is issued for administrative convenience by the CBDT in exercise of powers conferred under section 119 (1) of the Income Tax Act, It may be given wide publicity.
Under Secretary to the Government of India.
- PS to F.M./OSD to F.M./PS to MoS (R).
- PS to Revenue
- Chairman (CBDT) & All Members of CBDT
- All CCsIT with request for necessary compliance.
- CIT (M&TPL)
- Add CIT, Data Base Cell for placing it on irsofficersonline website.
- ADG-4 (Systems) for placing the order in public domain
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi
- All Chambers of Commerce