CBDT exempts income of National Biodiversity Authority u/s 10(46) from FY 2022-2023 to 2025-2026
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
Notification No. 58/2022
New Delhi, the 31st May, 2022
S.O. 2501(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, ‘National Biodiversity Authority’ (PAN AAALN0331K), an Authority established under the Biological Diversity Act, 2002 (18 of 2003), in respect of the following specified income arising to that Authority, namely:—
(a) amount received in the form of grant-in-aid from the Government of India;
(b) benefit sharing fee and royalty received;
(c) amount received in the form of application fees; and
(d) interest earned on (a) to (c) above.
2. This notification shall be effective subject to the conditions that National Biodiversity Authority, Chennai:-—
(a) shall not engage in any commercial activity;
(b) activities and the nature of the specified income shall remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and(c)shall file return of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of sub-section (4C) of section 139 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
3. This notification shall be deemed to have been applied for the financial year2021-2022 andshall be applicable with respect to the financialyears2022-2023, 2023-2024,2024-2025and 2025-2026.
[F. No. 300196/12/2021-ITA-I]
SOURABH JAIN, Under Secy.
It is certified that no person is being adversely affected by giving retrospective effect to this notification.
- MCA further relaxes additional fees for filing Annual Return by LLPs upto 15.07.2022
- CBDT revises jurisdiction of Chief Commissioner of Income-tax New Delhi and Mumbai
- ALP u/s 92C allowable variation limits notified for AY 2022-23
- 47th GST Council Meeting Recommendations. Increased rates effective from 18th July 2022
- Higher consumption of electricity by itself no ground of suppression of production