CBDT designates Pr.CCsIT as cadre controlling authority overall the field formations including ReAC
F No. 1871312020-ITA-I
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Direct Taxes)
North Block, New Delhi – 110001.
Dated the 20th August, 2020
Subject : Order under section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 designating Pr.CCsIT as cadre controlling authority overall the field formations including ReAC
With the launch of the Faceless Assessment Scheme, 2019, the Income-tax Department is moving towards minimal interface with maximum governance. In order to effect the same, the NeAC, Delhi has been created under the Principal Chief Commissioner of Income-tax (NeAC) and 30 ReACs under the Chief Commissioner of Income-tax have been created at 20 centres vide S.O. 2756/57 F No. 187/3/2020- ITA- 1.
2. In addition to the above, there are 18 Principal Chief Commissioners of Income-tax notified vide S.O. 2753(E) F No. 187/35/2014-ITA-1 who are the cadre controlling authority having territorial jurisdiction over their respective regions.
3. In furtherance of the creation of NeAC/ReACs as discussed in para 1 above, the Central Board of Direct Taxes, in exercise of powers under section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (hereinafter referred to as the Act) hereby directs that the Pr. CCsIT will be the cadre controlling authority in their area of jurisdiction in respect of all field formations including ReACs, Central Charges, International Taxation and Transfer Pricing charges, Investigation Directorates, Exemptions charges and RTI etc.
4. This order comes into effect immediately.
5. The Hindi version of this order shall follow .
(Gulzar Ahmad Wani)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Download CBDT Order Click Here >>
- Reserve Bank of India (Transfer of Loan Exposures) Directions, 2021
- NO TDS u/s 194A to Scheduled Tribes by scheduled banks located in in NE States & Ladakh Region
- CBDT notifies two sovereign wealth funds u/s 10(23FE)
- CBDT extends due date for linking of Aadhaar and PAN. Timelines for penalty extended
- Time limit to generate UDIN extended to 60 days from 15 days