CBDT designates Pr.CCsIT as cadre controlling authority overall the field formations including ReAC
F No. 1871312020-ITA-I
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Direct Taxes)
North Block, New Delhi – 110001.
Dated the 20th August, 2020
Subject : Order under section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 designating Pr.CCsIT as cadre controlling authority overall the field formations including ReAC
With the launch of the Faceless Assessment Scheme, 2019, the Income-tax Department is moving towards minimal interface with maximum governance. In order to effect the same, the NeAC, Delhi has been created under the Principal Chief Commissioner of Income-tax (NeAC) and 30 ReACs under the Chief Commissioner of Income-tax have been created at 20 centres vide S.O. 2756/57 F No. 187/3/2020- ITA- 1.
2. In addition to the above, there are 18 Principal Chief Commissioners of Income-tax notified vide S.O. 2753(E) F No. 187/35/2014-ITA-1 who are the cadre controlling authority having territorial jurisdiction over their respective regions.
3. In furtherance of the creation of NeAC/ReACs as discussed in para 1 above, the Central Board of Direct Taxes, in exercise of powers under section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (hereinafter referred to as the Act) hereby directs that the Pr. CCsIT will be the cadre controlling authority in their area of jurisdiction in respect of all field formations including ReACs, Central Charges, International Taxation and Transfer Pricing charges, Investigation Directorates, Exemptions charges and RTI etc.
4. This order comes into effect immediately.
5. The Hindi version of this order shall follow .
(Gulzar Ahmad Wani)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Download CBDT Order Click Here >>
- Opening ITBA Appeal module for uploading physical pending appeals allocated to Faceless Appeal Units
- CBDT notifies tolerance limit between ALP u/s 92C & actual price for AY 2020-2021
- Order of Settlement Commission passed stating non examining of records upheld
- TDS non deduction by bank where income in Form 15G/15H exceeded threshold limit
- Testing of outside samples by Revenue Laboratories-Guidelines for customs samples