RBI new design 2000 Rupee bank notes features. Notes is in magenta colour as Mahatma Gandhi New Series. The new note has the motiff of the Mangalyan
Soon after the declaration of withdrawal of old bank notes of rs. 500/- and Rs. 1000/- from midnight of 08-11-2016, RBI has released the details of the new Bank Currency notes of Rupees 500/– and 2000/-
The details of 2000 note are as under:
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is introducing new design bank notes in denomination of Rs. 2000 as part of Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series. The new denomination has motiff of the Mangalyan on the reverse depicting the Country’s first venture in interplanetary space.
The base colour of the note is magenta. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme , both on the obverse and the reverse.
The size of the new note is 66mm x 166mm.
The feature of the new bank note of Rs. 2000 are as under:
- See through register with denominational numeral 2000 can be seen when the note is held against light
- Latent image of the denominational numeral 2000 which can be seen when the banknote is held at 45 degree angle at the eye level
- Denomination numeral 2000 in Devnagari
- Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi in the center
- Micro letters ‘RBI’ and ‘2000’
- Colour shift windowed security thread with inscription ‘भारत’ ‘RBI’ and 2000. Colours of the thread changes from green to blue when the note is tilted
- Guarantee clause, Governor’s signature with Promise clause and RBI emblem towards right
- Mahatma Gandhi Portrait and electrotype (2000) watermarks
- Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
- Denominational numerals with Rupee symbol in colour changing ink (green to blue) on bottom right
- Ashoka pillar emblem on the right.
For Visually impaired:
12. Raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, based and identification mark
12. Horizontal rectangle with Rs 2000 in raised print on the right.
13. Seven angular bleed lines on left and right side in raised print
14. Year of printing
15. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan.
16. Language panel towards center
17. Motif of Mangalyan – reflecting country’s first venture in the interplanetary space