RBI new design 500 Rupee bank note features. It is different in colour, size, theme location of security features with Indian Heritage Theme-Red Fort
Soon after the declaration of withdrawal of old bank notes of rs. 500/- and Rs. 1000/- from midnight of 08-11-2016, RBI has released the details of the new Bank Currency notes of Rupees 1000/– and 500/-
The details of 500 note are as under:
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is introducing new design bank notes in denomination of Rs. 5000
The new Rs. 500/- bank notes is different from the hitherto bank note series in colour, size, theme location of security features and design elements.
The colour of the note is stone grey and the pre-dominant new theme is Indian Heritage Site-Red Fort.
The size of the new note is 63mm x 150mm.
The feature of the new bank note of 500 are as under:
- See through register in denomination numeral
- Latent image of the denomination numeral
- Denomination numeral in Devnagari
- Orientation and relative position of Mahatma Gandhi Portrait changed
- Windowed security thread changes colour from green to blue when note is tilted.
- Guarantee clause, Governor’s signature with Promise clause and RBI emblem shifted towards right
- Portrait and electrotype watermarks
- Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
- Denomination in numerals with Rupee symbol in colour changing ink (green to blue) on bottom right
- Ashoka pillar emblem on the right.
For Visually impaired:
11. Circle with 500 in raised print on the right
12. 5 bleed lines n left and right in raised print.
13. Year of printing
14. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan.
15. Language panel towards center
16. Red-Fort -an image of Indian Heritage site with Indian flag
17. Denomination numerals in Devnagari in right