SEBI extends relaxations relating to procedural matters related to issues and Listing
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE BAORD OF INDIA
April 22, 2021
All Registered Merchant Bankers
All Recognized Stock Exchanges
All Registered Registrars to an Issue
All Self Certified Syndicate Banks
All listed entities
All entities who propose to list the specified securities
Sub: Relaxations relating to procedural matters –Issues and Listing.
1. SEBI vide Circular no. SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL2/CIR/P/2020/78 dated May 6, 2020, granted one time relaxations from strict enforcement of certain regulations of SEBI (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2018, pertaining to Rights Issue opening upto July 31, 2020.
2. Based on the representations received from the market participants, the validity of these relaxations was further extended for Rights Issues opening up to December 31, 2020, vide SEBI Circular No. SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL1/CIR/P/2020/136 dated July 24, 2020.
3. The relaxation mentioned in point (iv) of the SEBI Circular No. SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL2/CIR/P/2020/78 dated May 6, 2020, was further extended for Rights Issues opening up to March 31, 2021, vide SEBI Circular No. SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL1/CIR/P/2021/13 dated January 19, 2021.
4. To ease and facilitate investors, the relaxation mentioned in point (iv) of the SEBI Circular No. SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL2/CIR/P/2020/78 dated May 6, 2020, is further extended and shall be applicable for Rights Issues opening up to September 30, 2021, provided that the issuer along with the Lead Manager(s) shall continue to comply with point (v) of the SEBI Circular No. SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL2/CIR/P/2020/78 dated May 06, 2020.
5. In respect to mechanism and compliance requirements at point (iv) and (v) of the SEBI Circular No. SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL2/CIR/P/2020/78 dated May 6, 2020, the issuer along with Lead Manager(s), Registrar, and other recognized intermediaries (as incorporated in the mechanism) shall also ensure the following:
a. Refund for un-allotted / partial allotted application shall be completed on or before T+1 day (T: Basis of allotment day).
b. Registrar to the issue, shall ensure that all data with respect to refund instructions is error free to avoid any technical rejections. Further, in case of any technical rejection of refund instruction, same shall be addressed promptly.
6. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred by Section 11(1) read with Section 11A of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 read with Regulations 299 and 300 of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2018, to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
7. A copy of this circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in under the categories “Legal Framework/Circulars”.
Rajesh K Dangeti
Chief General Manager
Corporation Finance Department
- CBDT prescribes Form/manner of furnishing undertaking u/s 119 of Finance Act 2012
- Registration of Assignment of Receivables (Amendment) Rules 2021
- No plea can be taken for non supply of reopening reasons if never sought
- Bad debts u/s 36(1)(vii) disallowed as only provision made, not written off in books
- RBI debars Haribhakti & Co. LLP, CA Firm for undertaking NBFC audit for 2 years