Use of digital signature for certifications to Stock Exchanges under LODR extended to 31.12.2020 on representation by ICSI in view of COVID -19 pandemic.
Securities and Exchange Board of India
July 31, 2020
All listed entities
All Recognized Stock Exchanges
Madam / Sir,
Sub: Use of digital signature certifications for authentication / certification of filings / submissions made to Stock Exchanges
1. SEBI,vide circular No. SEBI/HO/CFD/CMD1/CIR/P/2020/63dated April 17, 2020, had permitted use of digital signature certifications for authentication / certification of filings / submissions made under the SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 (‘LODR Regulations’), to the Stock Exchanges, till June 30, 2020.
2. SEBI has received a representation from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) stating that due to the COVID-19 pandemic and precautionary measures for its curtailment,Company Secretaries continue to face operational challenges in carrying out certification and authentication of documents in physical form.
3. Accordingly, authentication / certification of any filing / submission made to stock exchanges under the LODR Regulations may be done using digital signature certifications till December 31, 2020.
4. This Circular shall apply for filings / submissions made from July 1, 2020. Stock Exchanges are advised to bring the provisions of this circular to the notice of all listed entities and also disseminate on their websites.
5. The Circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 read with Regulation 101 of the LODR Regulations. This Circular is available at www.sebi.gov.inunder the link “Legal Circulars”.
Corporation Finance Department
Compliance and Monitoring Division-1
Download Notification Click Here >>
- Section 139A not to apply to non-resident who invests in a specified fund
- Govt. designates 3 Special Courts in Maharashtra for trial under Income-tax Act
- Revised procedure-Import clearance of pets/live animals including cats & dogs
- Trustees of Mutual Funds to appoint dedicated officer for administrative assistance
- No Penalty u/s 271AAB unless undisclosed income found from seized material