Aadhaar made mandatory for beneficiaries of RMSA. Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan Scheme cater to educational needs of the Children with disability in the age group of 14+ to 18+ and studying in classes IX to XII.
Aadhaar made mandatory for beneficiaries of RMSA
INISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
(Department of School Education and Literacy)
New Delhi, the 23rd August, 2017
S.O. 2772(E).—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Department of School Education and Literacy (hereinafter referred to as the Department) in the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India is administering Inclusive Education of the Disabled at Secondary Stage (hereinafter referred to as the Scheme) under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA). The Scheme aims to cater to the educational needs of the Children with Special Needs (hereinafter referred to as the beneficiary) in the age group of 14+ to 18+ and studying in classes IX to XII in an inclusive and enabling environment, and is implemented through the State Governments and Union Territory Administrations;
And whereas, the Scheme aims to enable all beneficiaries passing out of the elementary schools and studying at secondary and higher secondary stage in Government, local authority and Government aided schools, and having one or more disabilities as defined under the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 (1 of 1996) and the National Trust for Welfare of Persons with Austism, Cerabral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities Act, 1999 (44of 1999) as per the extant Scheme guidelines;
And whereas, the aforesaid scheme provides for different in-kind benefits to the beneficiaries under the Student Oriented Component (SOC) such as, medical and educational assessment, books and stationary, uniforms, teaching learning materials, support services and cash benefits in the form of transport allowance, reader allowance, etc. with a maximum cap of rupees three thousand per beneficiary per annum (hereinafter together referred to as the benefits);
And whereas, the aforesaid Scheme involves expenditure incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government hereby notifies the following, namely:-
1. (1) An individual eligible for receiving the benefits under the Scheme shall be required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) Any individual desirous of availing the benefits under the Scheme,who does not possess the Aadhaar number or, has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, shall have to apply for Aadhaar enrolment by 30th September, 2017 provided she or he is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per the provisions of section 3 of the said Act and such persons may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website www.uidai.gov.in) for Aadhaar enrolment.
(3) As per Regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the concerned Department responsible for implementation of the scheme in the State Governments or Union Territory Administrations is required to offer Aadhaar enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the concerned Department responsible for implementation of the Scheme in the State Governments or Union Territory Administrations shall provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or by becoming UIDAI Registrars themselves:
Provided that, in case of children with special needs who are unable to provide fingerprints, owing to reasons such as injury, deformities, amputation of the fingers or hands or any other relevant reason, only Iris scans will be collected and for such other children with special needs who are unable to provide any biometric information contemplated by the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the procedure specified by the UIDAI in terms of sub-regulation (2) of regulation 6 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, shall be followed to carry out enrolment for Aadhaar.
Provided further that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, benefits under the Scheme shall be given to such individuals, subject to the production of the following documents, namely:-
(a) (i) If he or she has enrolled, his or her Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of his or her request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 2
(b) (i) Birth Certificate or Record of birth issued by the appropriate Government authority; or (ii) Ration Card; or (iii) Passport; or (iv) Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) card; or (v) any Government family entitlement card; or (vi) any other document as specified by the State Government or Union Territory Administration:
Provided also that the above documents shall be checked by an officer specifically designated by the State Government or the Union territory Administration for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefits to the beneficiaries under the Scheme, the concerned Department responsible for implementation of the scheme in the State Governments or Union Territory Administrations, shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:-
(1) wide publicity through media and individual notices shall be given to the beneficiaries to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centres available in their areas by 30th September, 2017, in case they are not already enrolled. The list of locally available enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(2) in case, the beneficiaries under the Scheme are not able to enroll for Aadhaar due to nonavailability of enrolment centres in the vicinity such as in the Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the concerned Department responsible for implementation of the Scheme in the State Governments or Union Territory Administrations shall provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations, and the beneficiaries may be requested to register their requests for Aadhaar enrolment by giving their names, addresses, mobile numbers and other details as specified in the third proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1, with the concerned officials specifically designated by the State Government or the Union Territory Administration or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all the States and Union Territories except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No. 14-14/2015-RMSA.II]
MANEESH GARG, Jt. Secy.