MCA gives further time for holding AGM through video conferencing/other audio visual means in Calendar Year 2021 subject to legal action under Companies Act
General Circular No. 02/2021
F. No. 2/6/2020-CL-V
Government of India
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
5th Floor, ‘A’ Wing, Shastri Bhawan,
Dr. R. P. Road, New Delhi Dated:
13th January, 2021
All Regional Directors,
All Registrar of Companies,
Subject: Clarification on holding of annual general meeting (AGM) through video conferencing (VC) or other audio visual means (OAVM)
In continuation of this Ministry’s General Circular No. 20/2020, dated 05th May, 2020 and after due examination, it has been decided to allow companies whose AGMs were due to be held in the year 2020, or become due in the year 2021, to conduct their AGMs on or before 31.12.2021, in accordance with the requirements provided in paragraphs 3 and 4 of the General Circular No. 20/2020.
2. It is clarified, that this Circular shall not be construed as conferring any extension of time for holding of AGMs by the companies under the Companies Act, 2013, and the companies which have not adhered to the relevant timelines shall remain subject to legal action under the Companies Act, 2013.
3. This issues with the approval of the competent Authority.
Assistant( rector (Policy)
Download Circular Click Here >>
- Full year depreciation on vehicle can not be denied based on registration date
- No remission/cessation of liability if trading liability is declared in books of account
- Approval u/s 80G for new cases to be effective from year in which application is made
- Penalty u/s 271B deleted as assessee was unaware of Tax Audit Provision
- Provisional empanelment status of CA firms/LLPs with CAG for 2023-24