MCA gives further time for holding AGM through video conferencing/other audio visual means in Calendar Year 2021 subject to legal action under Companies Act
General Circular No. 02/2021
F. No. 2/6/2020-CL-V
Government of India
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
5th Floor, ‘A’ Wing, Shastri Bhawan,
Dr. R. P. Road, New Delhi Dated:
13th January, 2021
All Regional Directors,
All Registrar of Companies,
Subject: Clarification on holding of annual general meeting (AGM) through video conferencing (VC) or other audio visual means (OAVM)
In continuation of this Ministry’s General Circular No. 20/2020, dated 05th May, 2020 and after due examination, it has been decided to allow companies whose AGMs were due to be held in the year 2020, or become due in the year 2021, to conduct their AGMs on or before 31.12.2021, in accordance with the requirements provided in paragraphs 3 and 4 of the General Circular No. 20/2020.
2. It is clarified, that this Circular shall not be construed as conferring any extension of time for holding of AGMs by the companies under the Companies Act, 2013, and the companies which have not adhered to the relevant timelines shall remain subject to legal action under the Companies Act, 2013.
3. This issues with the approval of the competent Authority.
Assistant( rector (Policy)
Download Circular Click Here >>
- ICAI bans 21 chartered accountants for guilty of professional misconduct
- RBI revised regulatory framework for NBFCs
- CIT(A) order set aside as lack of evidence not communicated and no opportunity was given
- Calendar for Sovereign Gold Bond 2021-22 notified
- InvIT and REIT under FEMA assigned definition as per Income Tax Act 1961