MCA invites Nominations for National Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Awards 2020
Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India has instituted National Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Awards to recognize companies that have made a positive impact on the society through their innovative & sustainable CSR initiatives.
National CSR Awards 2020
The National CSR Awards 2020 seek to
- Recognize the companies that have positively impacted both business and society by taking a strategic approach to CSR through collaborative program.
- Recognize the companies that are leading transformation by integrating sustainability in their core business model.
- Recognize companies for implementing measures for conservation and sustainable management of the biodiversity and ecosystem in the value chain.
- Identifying innovative approaches and employing application and technologies that will help to build a robust CSR programs to further the cause of inclusive and sustainable development.
With the enactment of Companies Act, 2013 containing the CSR provision under Section 135, the mandate for CSR has now become a part of corporate governance.
Schedule VII of Companies Act, lists the activities to be undertaken under CSR by the companies crossing the prescribed thresholds. With the notification of Section 135 and Corporate Social Responsibility policy rules on 27th February 2014, the CSR provisions came into force with effect from 1st April 2014. The CSR activities, undertaken by the private and the public sector companies, are now expected to have strategic approach as opposed to mere charity, donations etc.
The CSR activities undertaken in project mode are envisaged to be structured, coordinated and monitored. The involvement of the companies in CSR is likely to bring innovative solutions to development issues.
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has instituted National CSR Award (NCSRA) to recognize corporate social responsibility (CSR) for inclusive growth and sustainable development. This Award seeks to recognize the companies that have made a transformative impact on society. The NCSRA seeks to recognize outstanding projects in following three categories:
- Four awards for excellence in CSR, based on CSR spend
- Five awards for CSR projects in Aspirational Districts / difficult terrains
- Eleven awards for CSR projects in National Priority Areas.
Three awards, one each in above three categories are reserved for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)
In accordance with the Scheme of National CSR Awards the following have been designated to make nominations under different categories as mentioned above:
– Ministries/ Departments of Govt of India
– State Governments & Union Territory Administration
– Professional institutions: ICSI, ICAI, ICMAI
– National Level Trade and Industry Chambers
Nominating organizations are advised to go through the Guidance Note before submitting their nominations on the designated portal: www.csr.gov.in.
Last date for filing nominations is 15 February 2020.
For any further details, please contact:
Dr. Garima Dadhich, Nodal Officer, NCSRA
0124 2640016 / 33
- Govt. Scheme for grant of ex-gratia payment of difference between compound / simple interest for 6 months
- No postponement of CA November 2020 Exams. ICAI warns of fake announcement
- Due dates of compliances under Direct Tax Vivad se Vishwas Act notified / Extended
- Income Tax Department fresh raids in Delhi- NCR, Haryana, Punjab, Uttarakhand & Goa
- Jewellery belonging to family members found in search can not be taxed in assessee;s hand