Shri Rao Inderjit Singh took charge as Union Minister of State in the Ministry Corporate Affairs (MCA), here today. Before taking charge as Union Minister of State for MCA, Shri Singh held Union Minister of State (Independent Charges) for Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation as also for the Ministry of Planning.
Shri Singh is a Member of Parliament (MP) from Gurgaon constituency in Haryana in the 17th Lok Sabha. He is currently serving his 5th term as an MP. Active in public service for over 4 decades, Shri Singh was earlier a Member of Legislative Council (MLA) from Jatusana Vidhan Sabha in Haryana and served as Minister in state Government of Haryana.
Shri Singh has done graduation and LL.B from Delhi University. Shri Singh, an advocate and agriculturist by profession, is 71 years old and is also an active political and social worker.
Shri Singh is a descendent of a Freedom Fighter of India’s 1st War of Independence in 1857.
- Whether AO applied his mind or not is question of fact not law – SC dismisses SLP of Department
- No Prohibition on travelling abroad if proceedings u/s 10 of Black Money Act initiated
- Partnership firms/companies not eligible to be a registered valuer if not member of RVO
- Challenged to IBC by a CA refused by Supreme Court for want of locus and bonafide.
- Date of initiation of penalty in assessment order is the relevant date u/s 275(1)(c) for limitation