Taxpayers not to wait for auto-population of e-invoice details into GSTR-1 for months of Nov 2020 and Oct 2020
Update on auto-population of e-invoice details into GSTR-1
1. Certain notified taxpayers have been preparing and issuing invoices by obtaining Invoice Reference Number (IRN) from Invoice Registration Portal (IRP) (commonly referred as ‘e-invoices’). Details from such e-invoices are be auto-populated in respective tables of GSTR-1.
An update on the status of such auto-population was earlier published on 13/11/2020.
2. Due to some unanticipated issues, there has been delay in auto-population of e-invoice details into GSTR-1.
Hence, such taxpayers who had reported e-invoices should not wait for auto-populated data and they are advised to proceed with preparation and filing of GSTR-1 for the months of November, 2020 (before the due date) and for October, 2020 (in case not yet filed, as on date).
4. The details of e-invoices pertaining to periods of October and November, 2020, would be processed and made available in incremental manner from 13th December 2020 onwards. The processing and availability of complete data for the months of October and November, 2020 may take upto 2 weeks.
5. The detailed advisory with methodology of auto-population etc. is already made available on the GSTR-1 dashboard (‘e-invoice advisory’) and also e-mailed to relevant taxpayers.
6. It may also be noted that the auto-population of details from e-invoices into GSTR-1 is only a facility for the taxpayers. After viewing the auto-populated data, the taxpayer shall verify the propriety and accuracy of the amounts and other data in each field, especially from the perspective of GSTR-1 and file the same, in the light of relevant legal provisions.
7. Once the auto-population into GSTR-1 gets started, the taxpayers are requested to verify the documents present in the excel and may share feedback on GST Self Service Portal, on below aspects:
- All documents reported to IRP are present in excel
- Status of each e-invoice/IRN is correct
- All the details of document are populated correctly
- GSTR-4 late fee payable for FY 2021-22 waived for the period from 01.05.2022 till 30.06.2022
- No revision u/s 263 simply because AO in order did not make elaborate discussion – ITAT
- Investigation on deposit of tax during the course of GST search, inspection or investigation
- CIT to make enquiries himself to allege assessment order as erroneous and prejudicial
- ITAT admits additional evidences as assessee died and legal heirs could not collect it in time