CBDT exempts income of Haryana Labour Welfare Board u/s 10(46) from 01-06-2020 to 31-03-2021 and for FY 2021-2022 to 2024-25
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
Notification No. 80/2021
New Delhi, the 14th July, 2021
S.O. 2826(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, ‘Haryana Labour Welfare Board’ (PAN AAATH2451C), a Board constituted by the State Government of Haryana, in respect of the following specified income arising to that Board, namely:-
(a) Contribution to the Labour Welfare Fund by the Employers and Employees;
(b) Unpaid accumulation which were due to employees but not paid to them within a period of 2 years by the Employer;
(c) Fine on delayed deposit of contribution and unpaid accumulation;
(d) Interest on loans and advances given to staff of the board; and
(e) Interest income received from investment.
2. This notification shall be effective subject to the conditions that Haryana Labour Welfare Board,-
(a) shall not engage in any commercial activity;
(b) activities and the nature of the specified income shall remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and
(c) shall file return of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of sub-section (4C) of section 139 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
(d) shall file the Audit report along with the Return, duly verified by the accountant as provided in explanation to section 288(2) of the Income-tax Act, 1961 along with a certificate from the chartered accountant that the above conditions are satisfied.
3. This notification shall apply for the period from 01-06-2020 to 31-03-2021 in the financial year 2020-2021 and also from the financial years 2021-2022, 2022-2023, 2023-2024 and 2024-2025.[F.No.300196/30/2018-ITA-I]
PRAJNA PARAMITA, Director
Explanatory Memorandum: It is certified that no person is being adversely affected by giving retrospective effect to this notification.
- ICAI cancels/restores membership of thousands of CAs due to death/non payment of fee
- NSDL latest e-TDS TCS RPU Version 4.9 and FVU 8.4 applicable from 24.11.2023 – Download
- Procedures/provisions for amnesty for taxpayers who missed GST appeal filing deadline
- Exemption u/s 54F-Bar of holding more than one residential house applies to whole day of transfer
- Under section 271AAB undisclosed income also means additional income due to bogus expense – ITAT