Instant e-PAN allotment in real time free of cost for limited period.
Please note that Instant e-PAN allotment facility06
Instant e-PAN allotment
Income Tax Department is offering Instant e-PAN allotment (Beta version) in near to real time free of cost for limited period. Individuals (other than minors) with a valid Aadhaar number (with updated Mobile number) can avail the e-PAN allotment facility.
- Applicant already having PAN should not apply for e-PAN.
- The e-PAN facility is ONLY for resident Individuals (Except Minors and others covered u/s 160 of Income Tax Act, 1961) and not for HUF, Firms, Trusts, and Companies etc.
- Active Mobile number linked with Aadhaar to receive Aadhaar OTP (One Time Password). To verify the registered mobile number in Aadhaar, please visit UIDAI portal.
- e-PAN is generated using the particulars available in Aadhaar. Details such as Name, Date of Birth, Gender, mobile number and address in Aadhaar is not correct or not updated, please update the same in UIDAI prior applying e-PAN.
1. Abbreviations/Initials in Aadhaar name are not permitted in the First and the Last name/Surname. Acceptable scenarios are stated below:
|Name as in Aadhaar||First Name||Middle Name||Last Name/Surname|
|Poonam Ravi Narayan||Poonam||Ravi||Narayan|
|Sathyam Venkat M.K. Rao||Sathyam||Venkat M K||Rao|
2. To avail e-PAN, details given in Aadhaar should exactly match with applicant’s full name, date of birth and gender as is mentioned in on-line PAN application form.
3. Once Aadhaar e-KYC is successful based on Aadhaar OTP, the process of e-PAN application will be initiated.
4. To apply for e-PAN, applicant needs to upload the scanned copy of the signature on a white paper in the specification given below:-
Resolution – 200 DPI
Type – Color
File type – JPEG
Size – Max. 10 KB
Dimension – 2X4.5 cm (Only the Signature to be scanned)
4. This is paper-less facility therefore no physical documents are required to be sent by the PAN applicant.
5. After successful filing of e-PAN application, a 15 digit acknowledgement number will be generated and sent to the mobile number/email ID mentioned in the application form.
Instant e-PAN Allotment :
Once the e-PAN is successfully allotted, the applicant will receive the SMS/eMail alert. e-PAN may be downloaded in e-Filing Portal by clicking on Instant ePAN –> “Check Instant e-PAN Status”. Acknowledgement number and Mobile OTP (OTP will be sent to the mobile number as provided in the application form) will be validated to download the e-PAN.