Roll back of 60% taxation of EPF/NPS withdrawal announced
However after severe criticism of the Government, the Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley has today in Lok Sabha announced the much anticipated roll back of the proposal as under
“In the present reform, the policy objective is not to get more revenue but to encourage people to join the pension scheme. There are various other suggestions received which can also achieve the same policy objective of encouraging people to join the pension scheme.
In view of the representation received, the Government would like to do a comprehensive review of the proposal and therefore I withdraw the proposal in paragraph 138 and 139 of my budget speech.
The proposal of 40% exemption given to NPS subscriber at the time of withdrawal remains.”
- CBDT extends due date for filing audit reports for Assessment Year 2022-23 to 07.10.2022
- UCO Bank Concurrent Auditor Online Empanelment 2022-23 (01.10.2022 to 30.09.2023
- Amendments to Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules 2014
- CBDT notifies modified return of income to be furnished by a successor entity u/s 170A
- MCA increase capital and turnover threshold for small companies