Time extended for banking companies to furnish monthly information under PMLA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
New Delhi, the 13th April, 2020
G.S.R. 251(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by section 73 read with section 11A and section 12AA of the Prevention of Money-laundering Act, 2002 (15 of 2003), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Prevention of Money-laundering (Maintenance of Records) Rules, 2005, namely:—
1. (1) These rules may be called the Prevention of Money-laundering (Maintenance of Records) 2nd Amendment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In rule 8 of the Prevention of Money-laundering (Maintenance of Records) Rules, 2005, after sub -rule (4), the following sub-rule shall be inserted namely: –
“(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-rule (1) and (3) the Reporting Officer shall furnish the information specified therein by the 30th June, 2020”
[F. No. P-12011/18/2019-ES Cell-DOR]
RITVIK PANDEY, Jt.Secy.
Note:The principal rules were published in Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide number G.S.R. 444 (E), dated the 1st July, 2005 and were last amended vide number G.S.R. 228(E), dated the 31st March, 2020.
- CBDT prescribes Form/manner of furnishing undertaking u/s 119 of Finance Act 2012
- Registration of Assignment of Receivables (Amendment) Rules 2021
- No plea can be taken for non supply of reopening reasons if never sought
- Bad debts u/s 36(1)(vii) disallowed as only provision made, not written off in books
- RBI debars Haribhakti & Co. LLP, CA Firm for undertaking NBFC audit for 2 years