NSE added to entities permitted to undertake e-KYC Aadhaar Authentication in Securities Market
SECURITIES & EXCHANGE BOARD OF INDIA
September 08, 2020
All Recognized Stock Exchanges
All Recognized Depositories
Stock Brokers through Recognized Stock Exchanges
Depository Participants through Depositories
Association of Mutual Funds in India
All Mutual funds and AMCs through AMFI
KYC Registration Agencies (KRAs)
Qualified Registrar to an Issue and Share Transfer Agents (QRTAs)
Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs)
Collective Investment Schemes (CIS)
Subject: Entities permitted to undertake e-KYC Aadhaar Authentication service of UIDAI in Securities Market – Addition of NSE to the list
1. SEBI vide circular No. SEBI/HO/MIRSD/DOP/CIR/P/2020/80 dated May 12, 2020 permitted eight entities to undertake Aadhaar Authentication service of UIDAI subject to compliance of the conditions as laid down in this regard.
2. Government of India, Department of Revenue (DoR), vide Gazette Notification No. G.S.R. 516(E) dated August 20, 2020, notified “National Stock Exchange of India Limited” (NSE) as per the recommendation by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and SEBI to undertake Aadhaar authentication service of the UIDAI under section 11A of the Prevention of Money-laundering Act, 2002. In view of the same, National Stock Exchange of India Limited shall undertake Aadhaar Authentication service of the UIDAI subject to compliance of the conditions as laid down in this regard.
3. The Stock Exchanges and Depositories are directed to:
a. bring the provisions of this circular to the notice of the Stock Brokers, Depository Participants and also disseminate the same on their websites.
b. make necessary amendments to the relevant bye-laws, rules and regulations for the implementation of the above decision in co-ordination with one another to achieve uniformity in approach.
c. communicate to SEBI, the status of the implementation of the provisions of this circular in the Monthly Development Report of the following month; and
d. monitor the compliance of this circular.
4. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities markets.
General Manager Market Intermediaries Regulation and Supervision Department
- CBIC allows contactless delivery of international courier shipments by OTP validation
- Empanelment to act as ICAI Exam observers for Nov 2020 CA Exam reopened till 25.10.2020
- Writ Petition filed in Rajasthan High Court for Tax Audit due date extension for AY 2020-21
- Ceiling of allowable partners remuneration u/s 40b and exclusion of interest income
- Date of submission of EO fulfilment document extended for expiring Export Obligation period