Companies to take back-up of books of account etc. on daily basis. MCA tightens rule related to maintenance of Books of Account in Electronic Mode
MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 5th August, 2022
G.S.R. 624(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred under sub-sections (1) and (3) of section 128, sub-section (3) of section 129, section 133, section 134, sub-section (4) of section 135, sub-section (1) of section 136, section 137 and section 138 read with section 469 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.-(1) These rules may be called the Companies (Accounts) Fourth Amendment Rules, 2022.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014, in rule 3,-
(i) in sub-rule (1), for the words “accessible in India”, the words “accessible in India, at all times,” shall be substituted;
(ii) in sub-rule (5), in the proviso, for the words “periodic basis”, the words “daily basis” shall be substituted;
(iii) in sub-rule (6), after clause (d), the following clause shall be inserted, namely:-
“(e) where the service provider is located outside India, the name and address of the person in control of the books of account and other books and papers in India.”.
[F. No. 1/19/2013-CL-V-Part III]
MANOJ PANDEY, Jt. Secy.
Note: The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide number G.S.R. 239(E), dated the 31st March, 2014 and lastly amended, notification number G.S.R. 407(E), dated the 31st May, 2022.
- UCO Bank Concurrent Auditor Online Empanelment 2022-23 (01.10.2022 to 30.09.2023
- Amendments to Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules 2014
- CBDT notifies modified return of income to be furnished by a successor entity u/s 170A
- MCA increase capital and turnover threshold for small companies
- CBDT issues Additional Guidelines on applicability of TDS u/s 194R – CBDT Circular