Circular No. 1025/13/2016-CX
F. No. 354/25/2016-TRU
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Tax Research Unit
New Delhi, the 22nd April, 2016
Principal Chief Commissioners I Chief Commissioners of Central Excise (All);
Principal Chief Commissioners I Chief Commissioners of Customs & Central Excise (All);
All Director Generals of Customs, Central Excise & Service Tax
Sir / Madam,
Subject: Imposition of Central Excise duty on jewellery – Constitution of sub-committee of the High Level Committee -regarding
In continuation to the Circular No. 102119/2016-CX dated 21.03.2016 , issued vide F. No. 354/25/2016-TRU , the composition of the Sub-Committee referred to therein would be as under:
(i) Ashok Lahiri, Chairman.
(ii) Shri Gautam Ray,
(iii) Shri Rohan Shah, Legal expert [Managing Partner, Economic Laws Practice].
(iv) Shri Manoj Kumar Dwivedi, Joint Secretary [Department of Commerce].
(v) Shri Alok Shukla, Joint Secretary [Tax Research Unit, Central Board of Excise and Customs, Department of Revenue].
2. Names of the trade representatives in the Sub-Committee would be decided in consultation of with Ashok Lahiri, Chairman of the Sub-Committee.
3. Terms of reference of the Sub-Committee will include the issues related to compliance procedure for the excise duty, including records to be maintained , operating procedures and any other issues that may be relevant.
4. All associations will be given an opportunity to submit representation before the sub-committee in writing and the all India associations to state their case in person.
5. Any further communications with the regard to the aforesaid Sub-Committee may be sent through e-mail to email@example.com or by post addressed to the Office of the High Level Committee (HLC), Suite No . 215, The Janpath Hotel, Janpath Road, Opp. BSNL Building, New Delhi-110 001.
6. Wide publicity may be given to this Hindi version would follow.