Cancellation of 1808 FCRA registration of NGOs for not filing mandatory Annual Returns for FY 2017-18
No. II/21022/ 58(79)/2019-FCRA (MU)
Government of India
Ministry of Home Affairs
Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium ,
Outer India Gate, New Delhi- 110001
Dated : 18th Oct order, 2019
Whereas, the Associations mentioned in the annexed list arc registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010 (hereinafter referred as “the Act”) vide registration number as mentioned against each.
2. And Whereas, it has been observed that the mandatory annual return for 20 17-18 have not been uploaded on FCRA portal by the Associations even after the extended date i.e. 31.03.2019.
3. And whereas, the non-submission of mandatory Annual Return within the stipulated period is a violation of section 18 of the Act read with Rule 17 of the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Rules, 2011.
4. And whereas, the Central Government, vide e-notices/SMSs dated 22.05.2019, had directed all the defaulting Associations to submit mandatory Annual Return for 2017-18 as per Rule 17 or the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Rules, 2011 (FCRA, 2011) within 15 days of receipt or e-Notice/SMS failing which appropriate action as per the Act will be initiated.
5. And whereas, a final e-Notice/SMS was issued on 11.06.2019 to all the defaulting Associations in the form or an opportunity to submit mandatory AR for FY 2017-18 within 15 days of the issue of this e-Notice/SMS failing which appropriate action under section 14 the Act would be taken.
6. And whereas, all the Associations, mentioned in the annexed list, have not submitted their mandatory Annual Return for 2017-18 on the FCRA portal despite the aforesaid notices.
7. And whereas, the said associations have failed to submit the ARs on the FCRA portal despite giving repeated e-Notices/SMSs. Non-submission of ARs by the Associations is a violation under the Section 18(1) or FCRA 2010 read with Section 17(1) of FCRA. 2011 and they arc therefore held liable for penal action as per the provisions under section 14 of the Act.
8. Now therefore, in exercise of the power conferred by section 14 of the Act, the Central Government hereby cancels the registration under the Act of the associations with effect from the date of issue of this order.
This issues with the approval or the competent authority.
(S. R. Birua)
Dy. Director Gen. (MU)
The Chief Functionary,
Address of the Association-
(as per list o l’ Associations-enclosed).
Download List of NGOs Click Here >>
- CARO 2020- MCA notifies Companies (Auditor’s Report) Order 2020. Key Changes
- Addition u/s 56(2)(ii) deleted as Law cannot ignore ground realities despite a deeming fiction
- Mauritius included in FATF list of “jurisdictions under increased monitoring” – SEBI
- Govt. Constitutes 22nd Law Commission of India for a term of three years- Read Order
- Non striking of limb of penalty u/s 271(1)(c). Appeal to be restored on favourable judgment by SC