Government suspends registration of 156 NGOs under FCRA 2010 for a period of 180 days for non integration of their Bank accounts with PFMS
No.II/21 022/58(951 )/PFMS/20 17/FCRA(MU)
Government of India
Ministry of Home Affairs
Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium,
Outer India Gate, New Delhi-110001
Dated 6th Dec 2018
Whereas, the associations mentioned in the list as attached at Appendix “A” are registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010 vide registration number as mentioned against each.
2. And whereas, in exercise of the powers conferred under section 46 of the FCRA, 2010 the Central Government vide notice dated 21.12.2017 had directed that all the persons who are either registered or who have sought prior permission under the FCRA, 2010 shall open their bank accounts as mandated in section 17 of the FCRA, 2010 in one or more banks who have integrated their system with the Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
3. And whereas, this exercise was to be completed within one month of the publication of the above mentioned notice.
4. And whereas, it has been observed that the said associations have not yet opened their bank account(s) as mandated under section 17 of the FCRA, 2010 in PFMS-integrated banks and have contravened the provisions of the FCRA, 2010 by not complying with the directions of the Central Government.
5. And whereas, a Show Cause Notice was also served on 29/06/2018 on the said associations to explain within 15 days of the issue of the notice, as to why appropriate action against their Association may not be taken as per the provisions of the FCRA, 2010 for not complying with the directions issued under section 46 of the Act.
6. And whereas, the said associations have neither given any reply/response to the show cause Notice nor opened their bank account(s) as mandated under section 17 of the FCRA, 2010 in PFMS-integrated Therefore, their certificates are liable to be cancelled as per the provision of sec 14(1)(d) of the FCRA, 2010.
7. Now therefore, m exercise of the power conferred by section 13 of Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010, pending consideration of cancellation of their certificates , the Central Government hereby suspends the registration under FCRA, 2010 of the said associations (including their branches and units) for a period of one hundred and eighty days with effect from the date of this order or until further orders whichever is earlier.
This issue with the approval of the competent authority .
Telephone No:- 011 23077510
The Chief Functionary
The associations mentioned in the list as attached.
- The respective Public Sector Bank/Gramin Bank/ Sahakari Bank/Co-operative Bank
It may be ensured that FC receiving/utilization accounts of the respective Association are frozen immediately and no transaction may be allowed without Prior Permission of this Ministry.
(Ravinder Kumar) Director (MU)
Telephone No:- 011 23077510
Copy for information and necessary action to:-
- C L Sharma, Technical Director , NIC with the request to load the order to be displayed on the FCRA Portal.
Appendix – A