e filing of pleading before DRT & DRAT made mandatory where debt to be recovered is Rs. 100 crore and above.
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Financial Services)
New Delhi, the 22nd July, 2021
G.S.R. 501 (E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (ccd) of sub-section(2) of section 36 of the Recovery of Debts and Bankruptcy Act, 1993 (51 of 1993), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules to amend the Debts Recovery Tribunal and Debts Recovery Appellate Tribunals Electronic Filing Rules, 2020 namely:—
1. Short title and Commencement: –(1) These rules may be called the Debts Recovery Tribunals and Debts Recovery Appellate Tribunals Electronic Filing (Amendment) Rules, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.2. In sub-rule (2) of rule 3 of the Debts Recovery Tribunals and Debts Recovery Appellate Tribunals Electronic Filing Rules, 2020, the following proviso shall be inserted, namely:—
“Provided that e filing of pleading shall be mandatory where the debt to be recovered, as mentioned in the application, is rupees one hundred crore and above.” .
[F. No. 3/5/2021-DRT]
VANDITA KAUL, Addl.Secy.
Note: The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Sub Section (i), vide number G.S.R. 43(E), dated the 22nd January, 2020.
Download Notification Click Here >>
- NO TDS u/s 194A to Scheduled Tribes by scheduled banks located in in NE States & Ladakh Region
- CBDT notifies two sovereign wealth funds u/s 10(23FE)
- CBDT extends due date for linking of Aadhaar and PAN. Timelines for penalty extended
- Time limit to generate UDIN extended to 60 days from 15 days
- Recommendations of 45th GST Council Meeting. Highlights of Decisions taken