Evaluation of CA exams answer books – ICAI announces reforms made. Digital & Machine based evaluation, Stepwise marking, online test of examiners etc.
In view of the recent news where CA exams answer books were found in possession of unauthorised books, ICAI, for the knowledge of the stakeholders , has announced the following reforms which have been put in place recently in respect of the ICAI examination system
CA exams answer books evaluation reforms
1.Digital evaluation :
Moving forward from the pilot e evaluation for first group of Intermediate Nov 2018 exams; all papers of Intermediate and Foundation level exams in November 2019/May 2020 will be put through the digital evaluation mode bringing in following benefits
- Doing away with stages of physical handling of answer books
- Avoiding variations in marks awarded by examiners.
- Eliminating scope of any totalling errors
- Continuous review of performance of the Examiners on real time basis;
- Generation of analytical reports enabling quality control checks; and
2. Central evaluation:
The Central Evaluation is being carried out in several papers of CA exams, w.e.f November 2018 wherein examiners evaluate answer books under the supervision of Head Examiner/Associate Head Examiners.
3. Machine based evaluation:
Effective May, 2019 exams, objective type questions for 30 marks have been introduced in select papers of Intermediate and Final Exams. Further the Institute has decided to introduce OMR based evaluation for MCQ’s of Elective Papers 6A to 6F of final New course with effect from November 2019 which are machine processed thus avoiding subjectivity.
4. Stepwise marking :
Provision regarding stepwise marking is being enforced whereby in case the stepwise marks are not awarded ; it will be deemed as unevaluated answer and stepwise marks will be awarded during the course of re verification of marks
5. Mandatory on-line test for empanelment of examiners:
All applicants shortlisted for empanelment as examiners are required to qualify an on-line test in the subject of their choice before inclusion of their names in the Panel of Examiners. It has further been decided that all existing examiners would also be required to undergo an on-line test in their respective subjects, once in 3 years.
- Extension of due dates for GST Annual Return and Reconciliation Statement for FY 2018-19
- Extension of due date of Tax audit report & ITRs filing for AY 2020-21 to 31.12.2020 / 31.01.2021
- Status of Writ Petition filed in Rajasthan/Gujarat High Court for Tax Audit due date extension AY 2020-21
- Fresh Transfer/Postings in the grade of Addl CIT/JCIT in UP (East) Region
- Changes in Transfer/Postings of ITOs in UP (East) Region, new additional charge
addition u/s 68 budget 2017-18 ca misconduct cash deposit in bank CBDT cbdt circular CBDT Instruction cbdt notification cbdt order cbdt press release cgst circular cgst notification cit revision 263 concealment penalty covid-19 CSR custom circular demonetisation due date extension e-way bill faq GST circular GST Council Meeting gst faq GSTR-3B GST rates gst refund IBBI income tax prosecution itat ITAT Delhi mca circular MCA notification order u/s 119 penalty 271(1)(c) penalty u/s 271(1)(c) Press Release reasons recorded reopening 148 Reopening us 147 sebi circular transfer and postings unexplained cash credits validity of notice u/s 148 Withdrawal of 2000 500 Bank Notes