ICAI gets acronym “UDIN” registered under the Trade Marks Act, 1999 in the name of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
The ICAI Presient in its latest message has informed that Unique Document Identification Number (UDIN) has now been registered under the Trade Marks Act, 1999 in the name of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
According to the ICAI President, UDIN is gaining acceptability in business and industry as a tool to bring authenticity to the certificates issued by the Chartered Accountants. More than 30 lakh UDINs have been generated and more than 1 lakh members have already registered on UDIN Portal.
Recently, ICAI had introduced UDIN where a Unique Document Identification Number is to be generated for documents-certificates issued by all Chartered Accountants. The UDIN is required to be registered with UDIN portal and aims to eliminate any misrepresentation by a third person claiming to be a Chartered Accountant and signing financial documents/certificates to mislead the authorities and stakeholders.
Recently ICAI have given a one-time extension in the time limit to generate UDIN from 15 days to 30 days. This one time relaxation is available on the Certificate/ Report/ Document signed between 20th August, 2019 to 31st December, 2019. However, UDIN so generated has to be communicated to “management” or “those charged with governance” for disseminating it to the stakeholders from their end.
Read ICAI President’s Message Click Here >>
- Companies (Meetings of Board and its Powers) Amendment Rules 2019. MCA Notification
- Addition for Bogus creditors converted into cessation of liability for defective goods where liability had ceased
- Features of facility for making payment on Voluntary Basis in Form GST DRC-03 on GST Portal
- CBIC Clarification on GST rates & classification of goods. Read Circular
- Income Tax Return Statistics for Assessment Year 2018-19 released by CBDT. Read Key Trends