ICAI UDIN One-time Condonation Scheme from 1st January, 2021 to 31st January 2021. Delays in generation of UDINs during 1st February 2019 till 31st December 2020 condoned
Considering various representations, ICAI has granted One-time Condonation Scheme to regularize UDINs.
ICAI UDIN One-time Condonation Scheme
As a One-time condonation scheme, to regularize the non-generation of UDIN, now CAs will be allowed to generate the earlier missed UDINs for the documents signed between 1st February 2019 to 31st December, 2020. The scheme will be made available from 1st January, 2021 till 31st January, 2021.
Consequently, all delays in generation of UDINs for UDINs generated during 1st February 2019 till 31st December 2020 as a one-time measure stands condoned.
UDIN was introduced by the ICAI as mandatory Council Guidelines in phased manner from 1st Feb., 2019 onwards for Certificates, GST/Tax Audit & all other Attest, Assurance and Audit functions.
The UDIN Portal of ICAI facilitates the Regulators / Stakeholders to check the authenticity of the report/certificates / documents certified by chartered accountants on real-time basis.
CBDT has also made mandatory validation of UDIN in all their Income Tax Forms and Reports which are issued by the Chartered Accountants.
Read ICAI Announcement Click Here >>
- ICAI bans 21 chartered accountants for guilty of professional misconduct
- RBI revised regulatory framework for NBFCs
- CIT(A) order set aside as lack of evidence not communicated and no opportunity was given
- Calendar for Sovereign Gold Bond 2021-22 notified
- InvIT and REIT under FEMA assigned definition as per Income Tax Act 1961