CBDT exempts income of Himachal Pradesh Computerization of Police Society u/s 10(46) from 01-06-2020 to 31-03-2021 and for FY 2021-2022 to 2024-25
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
Notification No. 81/2021
New Delhi, the 14th July, 2021
S.O.2827(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, ‘Himachal Pradesh Computerization of Police Society’, (PAN AABAH0360G), a body established by the State Government of Himachal Pradesh, in respect of the following specified income arising to that body, namely:-
(a) Amount received in the form of Grant-in-aid; and
(b) Interest accrued on Grant-in Aid deposited in the account of Himachal Pradesh Computerization of Police Society
2. This notification shall be effective subject to the conditions that Himachal Pradesh Computerization of Police Society,-
(a) shall not engage in any commercial activity;
(b) activities and the nature of the specified income shall remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and
(c) shall file return of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of sub-section (4C) of section 139 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
(d) shall file the Audit report along with the Return, duly verified by the accountant as provided in explanation to section 288(2) of the Income-tax Act, 1961 along with a certificate from the chartered accountant that the above conditions are satisfied.
3. This notification shall be deemed to have been applied for the financial years 2018-2019, 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 and shall apply with respect to the financial years 2021-2022 and 2022-2023
PRAJNA PARAMITA, Director
Explanatory Memorandum: It is certified that no person is being adversely affected by giving retrospective effect to this notification.
- Assessee’s time cannot be taken for granted by Income Tax Department – ITAT
- CBDT Circular on deduction of Tax TDS on Salaries u/s 192 during FY 2022-23
- Investments from group companies having low income/assets not enough for addition u/s 68
- Issues already considered by CIT(A) cannot be again a subject matter of revision u/s 263
- Whether AO applied his mind or not is question of fact not law – SC dismisses SLP of Department