Monetary limits for filing income tax appeal not to apply to bogus penny stocks transactions of Long Term Capital Gains (LTCG) /Short Term Capital Loss (STCL)
F. No. 279/Misc./M-93/2018-ITJ(Pt.)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes
New Delhi, Dated: 16th September, 2019
Subject : –Special Order of Board exempting cases involving bogus Long Term Capital Gains (LTCG)/Short Term Capital Loss (STCL) through penny stocks from monetary limits specified in any Circular issued under Section 268A of the Income-tax Act, 1961-reg
The undersigned is directed to refer to Circular No. 23 of 2019 dated 6th September, 2019 and to say that by virtue of powers of the Central Board of Direct Taxes u/s 268A of Income-tax Act, 1961, the monetary limits fixed for filing appeals before ITAT/HC and SLPs /appeals before Supreme Court shall not apply in case of assesses claiming bogus LTCG/STCL through penny stocks and appeals/SLPs in such cases shall be filed on merits.
CBDT, New Delhi.
1. The Chairman, Members and all other officers in CBDT of the rank of Under Secretary and above.
2. All Principal Chief Commissioners of Income-tax and Director Generals of Income-tax
3. ADG (PR, PP& OL), Mayur Bhawan, New Delhi for printing in the quarterly Tax Bulletin and for circulation as per usual mailing list.
4. The Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
5. ADG (Vigilance), Mayur Bh awan, New Delhi
6. The Joint Secretary & Legal Advisor, Ministry of Law & Justice , New Delhi
7. All Directorates of Income-tax, New Delhi and DGIT (NADT), Nagpur
8. ITCC (3 copies).
9. The ADG (System) -4, for uploading on the Department’s website
10. Data Base Cell for uploading on irsofficersonline.gov.in.
11. email@example.com for uploading on NJRS.
12. Guard File
DCIT (OSD) (ITJ-I),
CBDT, New Delhi.
Download Memorandum Click Here >>
- If one proceeding is saved, other has to be quashed – interesting judgment of ITAT
- The Companies (Incorporation) Amendment Rules 2023 notified by MCA
- CBDT notifies California Public Employees Retirement System Pension Fund u/s 10(23FE)
- Trial Court to do enquiry u/s 202 CrPC for non jurisdictional assessee in IT Proceedings
- If creditors are bogus, entire purchases to be disallowed, not only outstanding balance
addition u/s 68 ca misconduct cash deposit in bank CBDT cbdt circular CBDT Instruction cbdt notification cbdt order cbdt press release cgst circular cgst notification cit revision 263 concealment penalty covid-19 CSR custom circular demonetisation due date extension e-way bill faq GST circular GST Council Meeting gst faq gstr-1 GSTR-3B GST rates gst refund IBBI ibc itat mca circular MCA notification order u/s 119 penalty 271(1)(c) penalty u/s 271(1)(c) Press Release reasons recorded reopening 148 Reopening us 147 sebi circular sebi regulations transfer and postings unexplained cash credits validity of notice u/s 148 Withdrawal of 2000 500 Bank Notes----------- Similar Posts: -----------