LES in Commodity Derivatives Contracts-Exemption to exchanges during first 5 years of operation from the date of SEBI’s approval for commencement
Securities and Exchange Board of India
July 26, 2019
The Managing Directors I Chief Executive Officers
All Recognized Stock Exchanges having Commodity Derivatives Segment
Dear Sir / Madam,
Sub: Guidelines for Liquidity Enhancement Scheme (LES) in Commodity Derivatives Contracts
1. SEBI vide circular SEBI/HO/CDMRD/DMP/CIR/P/2018/55 dated March 26, 2018 had issued guidelines for LES in Commodity Derivatives Contracts subject to certain conditions stipulated vide Circular CIR/MRD/DP/14/2014 dated April 23, 2014.
2. The manner in which exchanges can provide LES under the extant circular CIR/MRD/DP/14/2014 dated April 23, 2014 is as under:
‘5. 1. Discount in fees, adjustment in fees in other segments or cash payment – The incentives during a financial year shall not exceed 25% of the net profits or 25% of the free reserves of the stock exchange, whichever is higher, as per the audited financial statements of the preceding financial year.
5.2. Shares, including options and warrants, of the stock exchange – The shares that may accrue on exercise of warrants or options, given as incentives under all liquidity enhancement scheme, during a financial year, shall not exceed 25% of the issued and outstanding shares of the stock exchange as on the last day of the preceding financial year. Further, the stock exchange shall ensure that this is in compliance with the Securities Contracts (Regulation) (Stock Exchanges and Clearing Corporations) Regulations, 2012 at all times.’
3. An exchange in early years of its format ion/commencement of business may not be able to generate profits or have free reserves from business In this regard, it has now been decided to exempt such exchanges , during their first five years of operation from the date of SEBI’s approval for commencement/recommencement of their business, from the applicability of clauses 5.1 and 5.2 of said SEBI circular No. CIR/MRD/DP/ 14/2014 dated April 23, 2014, subject to adherence to the following conditions:
3.1 The yearly incentives that such an exchange can earmark for LES shall not exceed 25% of the audited net-worth of the said exchange as on the last day of the previous financial
3.2 Such exchange shall create a reserve specifically to meet its LES incentives/expenses and transfer funds to such reserve accordingly However, such reserves shall not be included in the calculation of Exchange net worth.
3.3 Such exchange however shall continuously comply with the minimum net worth requirement as per Securities Contracts (Regulation) (Stock Exchanges and Clearing Corporations) Regulations, 2018.
4. The provisions of this circular shall be effective from the date of this circular.
5. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11 (1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act , 1992, to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
6. Exchanges are advised to:
i make necessary amendments to the relevant bye-laws, rules and regulations
ii bring the provisions of this circular to the notice of the stock brokers of the Exchange and also to disseminate the same on their website.
iii communicate to SEBI, the status of the implementation of the provisions of this circular
7. This circular is ava ilable on SEBI website sebi.gov.in under the category “Circulars” and “Info for Commodity Derivatives”.
Yours faithfully ,
Vikas Sukhwal General Manager
Division of New Products and Market Policy
Commodity Derivatives Market Regulation Department
- Empanelment to act as ICAI Exam observers for Nov 2020 CA Exam reopened till 25.10.2020
- Writ Petition filed in Rajasthan High Court for Tax Audit due date extension for AY 2020-21
- Ceiling of allowable partners remuneration u/s 40b and exclusion of interest income
- Date of submission of EO fulfilment document extended for expiring Export Obligation period
- ICAI amends rule for Registration to CA Foundation/Intermediate Course etc.
addition u/s 68 budget 2017-18 ca misconduct cash deposit in bank CBDT cbdt circular CBDT Instruction cbdt notification cbdt order cbdt press release cgst circular cgst notification cit revision 263 concealment penalty covid-19 CSR custom circular demonetisation due date extension e-way bill faq GST circular GST Council Meeting gst faq GSTR-3B GST rates gst refund IBBI income tax prosecution itat ITAT Delhi mca circular MCA notification order u/s 119 penalty 271(1)(c) penalty u/s 271(1)(c) Press Release reasons recorded reopening 148 Reopening us 147 sebi circular transfer and postings unexplained cash credits validity of notice u/s 148 Withdrawal of 2000 500 Bank Notes----------- Similar Posts: -----------