Quality Review Board Report on Audit Quality Review 2018-19. Audit documentation, standards on quality control, written representations etc. key concern
The Quality Review Board (QRB) has been set up by the Government of India under section 28A of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949.
The QRB publishes its reports annually giving key audit quality review findings with a view to guide Audit firms in improving and identifying of the reasons to prevent their recurrence.
in view of Section 132(2) of the Companies Act, 2013 r/w Rule 9(4) of NFRA Rules, 2018, the review by QRB of audits of the companies/bodies corporate specified under Rule 3 of the NFRA Rules, 2018 shall be done only on a reference made by NFRA,
The QRB report is based on the review of audit quality of 51 entities in India during financial year 2018-19. Based on its findings, the Board, since FY 2012-13 has recommended 30 cases to the ICAI Council for initiation of Disciplinary Proceedings. Also in 255 cases advisories issued to the Audit firms for improvement in quality.
The QRB findings/observations highlights compliance level with respect to Standards on Auditing (SA), Accounting Standards, other relevant laws and regulations including Companies Act, 2013.
In the reviews of the Audit Firms conducted, the QRB has observed that inter alia the improvements were required with respect to the audit documentation, standards on quality control, written representations.
Download Report of Quality Review Board 2018-19 Click Here >>
- CBDT Instructions on selection of cases for issue of notice u/s 148 for AY 2013-14 to 2017-18
- Residential status of certain individuals under Income-tax for FY 2020-21 – CBDT clarification
- SEBI Code of Conduct & Institutional mechanism for prevention of Fraud or Market Abuse
- Addition u/s 68 for cash deposited in bank during demonetization period deleted
- Payment to non-resident for resale/use of software through EULAs agreements not liable to TDS u/s 195